Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Thu, December 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Double Whopper

Mark_123 is on a distinguished road
Default New Gryphon...No EOT reading???

So, just installed my new Gryphon and love it. I did find out that I don't have an EOT reading??? Is this normal??? Anyone else have this problem??? My truck is a 2007 F150 4x4 Supercrew. Thanks
Old Thu, December 4th, 2008, 08:33 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

To the best of my knowledge, it seems to be an isolated incident. I've had one or two calls from Edge as well about this over the last year or so, but it's not like we're getting a ton of calls about it.

What is the HEX code for your truck? It may be an issue related to the specific calibration and the information will be useful to track.

Let me know.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, December 4th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Double Whopper

Thanks Bill. I emailed Corey the hex yesterday for the custom tunes. Sorry, I don't have it available right now. I can post it later on today if needed. Thanks again for your help.

Mark
Old Thu, December 4th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Mark,

Saw your post on F150. (Smart man!) Let us know if you find anything out!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, December 4th, 2008, 09:34 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I'll get it from Corey and see what I can come up with.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Thu, December 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Double Whopper

I have no education on car electronics/programming, so I apoligize if I ask a dumb question. If the EOT sensor was bad on the truck, then wouldn't the PCM throw a bad code? Seems like a looked through a code list for the F150 on one of these forums and saw a code for "EOT sensor failure". Also, it seems to only happen on the 5.4 engines in 2007 trucks. That's all I can come up with. I appreciate your help.

Mark
Old Thu, December 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_123 View Post
I have no education on car electronics/programming, so I apoligize if I ask a dumb question. If the EOT sensor was bad on the truck, then wouldn't the PCM throw a bad code? Seems like a looked through a code list for the F150 on one of these forums and saw a code for "EOT sensor failure". Also, it seems to only happen on the 5.4 engines in 2007 trucks. That's all I can come up with. I appreciate your help.

Mark
Not a dumb question at all Mark - I don't know the real answer to this either, but I bet Bill does. My guess is that it WILL throw a code and i.ride.suzuki posted a list of codes (in the f150 engine forum I think) that may let YOU find the answer to your question.

Oops - I just checked that forum and I can't find it. There was a sticky somewhere though....

Don't know why the code should be specific to the 5.4L 2007 trucks though.

However, it is my fondest hope that no one here will ever feel that any question is too stupid and I'll be very disappointed if anyone responds with, "Do a search", or something equally demeaning. I think we all have a lot to learn from each other and I look forward to the experience.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer

Last edited by Jackpine; Thu, December 4th, 2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Couldn't find the list
Old Thu, December 4th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_123 View Post
Also, it seems to only happen on the 5.4 engines in 2007 trucks. That's all I can come up with. I appreciate your help.

Mark
That's the kinds thing I am trying to track. I want to see if it's isolated to the specific year or even the specific HEX code.

If you get a chance, go to your user information in the control panel and add your HEX code in the space provided. It will be really helpful for us to be able to track specific problems and even notify members if we find an issue relating to specific calibrations.

As soon as I can figure something out I'll be sure to let everyone know. as for now?

(678) 890-1110

Old Thu, December 11th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Whopper Junior

black hole is on a distinguished road

Took me a while to find this thread again but now that I have I have to add in my vote for not EOT readings on my Gryphon as well. Let me know if you need any other info.

4.6 ltr. 2005 scab
Old Thu, December 11th, 2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black hole View Post
Took me a while to find this thread again but now that I have I have to add in my vote for not EOT readings on my Gryphon as well. Let me know if you need any other info.

4.6 ltr. 2005 scab
We've already confirmed that the EOT sensor is doesn't exist on the 4.6L, which really stinks. What it now looks like is that they did away with it in 2007. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Ford guys to confirm that it has been removed in 2007+ models.

(678) 890-1110