Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Double Whopper

Jon Roseman is on a distinguished road

Also found these but let me know what you decide or if anyone knows more than I do....let me rephrase since everyone knows more about these than I do. I know they all reduce drag on the serpentine belt but I have no idea which ones are better. heres this:

http://www.car-stuff.com/fordpulleys.htm
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 12:06 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

That's interesting that they are listed for '97 to '06 when most other pulleys stop at '03. Maybe they are the same.

I think I'll wait for someone else to give 'em a spin before I throw a set on the Expy.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Double Whopper

I thought it was strange too. I thought it would stop at 04' as well when they made their last major changes to the f-150 but both of those sets are far cheaper than anyone has been talking about. They may be crap but for the job they do, I can't see how one is better than the other besides the material or the diameter of the pulley. We'll see from someone else though I'm sure.
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 07:29 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Either stay with performance shop recomendations or someone else who has ordered them. A lot of the warehouse internet companies probably have never seen, used or heard of the product. They just see numbers on a screens. Pay attention when ordering or researching.
Just an opinion from a guy who hates returning screw up from someone elses keystroke errors.
Read
Read
Read
Research
Research
Research
Evaluate

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Roseman View Post
Here is some UD pulleys that I found. I'm not sure how good they are but they're cheap.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/f150asp.htm
Those don't look too bad. Of course I like the nice shiny ones that Summit sells a little more That link you posted had a misrepresentation too, says they

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlue
are the only Pulley system available on the market today that are SFI approved
My Summit kit came with the paperwork and decal for SFI Approval.

Judging from the web address you sent for that page: f150asp.htm, would lead me to think that they were ASP pulleys, same manufacturer that Troyer uses. May or may not be the exact same kit. I also usually try to do a little digging, especially with part of my business being web design/programming I almost always check the company's website. Would leave me a little leary with a company who has virtually no website, just a splash page http://www.motoblue.com

Not trying to dog those pulleys, heck they might be better than Summit's just offering my humble opinion.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Double Whopper

Ya I was just diggin' around on the net the other night and that's what I found. like I said it would be nice to hear from someone who has actually used them......or I'll be a pioneer and let everyone know
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Double Whopper

I was also going to ask if you knew why the ones from carstuff are so cheap?
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I think they(carsuff) might be imports and/or poor quality metal and/or seconds(might not meet specs). As for rpm outlet do a search for them on the better business bureau, mustang forums, and ford truck forums. Thats just my opinion in a post, take it or leave it.

Lars

Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Whopper

tnf150 is on a distinguished road

well for RPM Outlet, I can say they have the worst customer service in the world. It took me two days to get a hold of anyone, then they can't tell me where my CAI is becasue it was shipped from the warehouse. Oh well you live and learn.
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Just to let you guys know. From my research that there are differences between the 96.5-04h and the 04-08. Like everyone knows they went from a 2v to a 3v head and they also changed the water pump housing. This is the big deal when looking @ or ordering ud pulleys.

Lars