Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 09:45 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Mark! What a great observation, and, thank you for posting it! I never thought of the movement of the engine under revs. I agree - the bellows needs to stay there.

- Jack
Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Not a Whopper

kd4crs is on a distinguished road

That is one reason I designed the DWV intake mod to utilize the flex section. Another reason was to absorb/reduce vibration being transmitted from the intake into the fender structure. It also helps the mod be more of a sleeper/stealth mod. I love the fact that I have taken the truck in for service several times and the dealership techs have yet to spot it.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Double Whopper

Mark_123 is on a distinguished road

Well, here's mine. Be sure to ignore the dirty engine bay. As soon as Winter leaves us I can clean the salt out of my truck

Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Not a Whopper

kd4crs is on a distinguished road

Looks good!
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 06:14 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Looks VERY good! Mark, where did you find the black clamp? And, I went looking for something like the pipe you used at Home Depot today, but had no luck. I wonder if I might find it at a pool supply store?

(And, now I don't feel so bad about my original pictures with the dirty fender wall. I'm extremely nervous about trying to wash the engine bay. I've read too many horror stories over on the f150 forum about wet COPs. Usually, I'd be spraying the entire engine with Simple Green and then hitting it with a high pressure hose. I've even used a pressure washer on the engine in my Honda with no ill effects).

To continue this hijack - my technique for cleaning the built up dust out of my desktop computers is to take the box out on the back patio, open it and then blow it out with my yard blower. Works like a charm!

Sorry for the hijack - it's the way my simple little mind works. :o

- Jack
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Double Whopper

Mark_123 is on a distinguished road

Hey Jack, I think I only paid $5 plus shipping for the small piece of pipe from Ebay. The black clamp...well, I like to bass fish. I just put a new trolling motor on my Ranger boat last year, so I sprayed a couple of different sizes of clamps to use on my trolling motor sonar attachment. Anyway, this one was left over. I think I just used some $1 flat spray paint I found a Lowes. I have this little OCD issue that always makes me do things perfectly Oh yeah, the dirty engine bay is driving me crazy!!!!
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
PHP Groupie

So, duh!, you spray painted it! Gollee-dang! What an amazing idea!

So, I troll for "fishpond pipe" on ebay? (That's almost a pun, isn't it)? Maybe tomorrow. Seems like this stuff should be available locally.

But, the horror stories about people washing their engines really makes me nervous!

- Jack
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 11:49 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

When washing engines, it's not like the small block Fords and Chevys of yester-decade. There used to be very little space for water to collect and where it did, it was harmless.

Nowadays, you got spark plugs that slip down into 8" tubes and the only thing keeping water out is the crappy boot on the COP. Not an impressive setup even in the best of conditions. Any moisture trapped in there will only accelerate oxidation of the plug body which only goes to exaggerate the "broken plug" issue.

I don't really see a problem with cleaning the engine compartment as long as you use low pressure water and stay completely away from the top of the engine. Using any sort of pressure washer is asking for an $800 tune-up.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Bacon King

bbbxcursion is on a distinguished road

Whenever I clean the newer fords, I have to pull the coils out to blow that water out of the whole. PITA!
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

A dirty engine compartment drives me nuts too. In fact I was going to take it to the car wash this weekend and get rid of the road salt we had this week. So if I understand right, all I should do with my '08 is a little Simple Green and the regular hose and only below the level of the heads, then use my compressor to blow as much of the water out as possible, right?

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers

Tags
dwv intake mod