Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Mon, August 17th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default Favorite BBQ meat

Summer over here is coming to an end (even if we are only half way through the 100+'s lol)

So here's the question: What is your favorite type of grill meat?
Anything goes, from a big brisket to grilled fish...
*yeah, cant decide on dinner for a little celebration, like em all*
Old Mon, August 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

My personal favorite? Skirt steak, medium with a little seasoned salt and some A1. It has such a nice, rich flavor even though it's a grainier cut of meat.

Then there's always the ribeyes, strips and sirloins. Don't forget the grilled corn or potatoes, and of course no grillin' event is complete without baked beans and potato salad.

Dang, now I'm hungry!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, August 17th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Forum Predator

yeah, but I think Im still a fajita guy. Gonna have to figure out some good fish recipes, moving to a river on thursday. lol
Old Mon, August 17th, 2009, 11:13 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Baby back ribs with famous daves BBQ devils spit sauce cooked over charcoal.
Flank steak marinated(24hr) with white zin wine and after it's grilled for 15 min a side@500 F, cut it up into 1/8th inch thick slices. I have also used a fajita marinade with the flank steak.
Grilled trout over apple wood chips is a winner too!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, August 17th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Bacon King

Sburn will become famous soon enoughSburn will become famous soon enough

OK, just because that what's we had for dinner tonight, Korean BBQ:

Korean Beef Ribs

And:

Korean BBQ Pork

There's a huge Korean market on the way home from work, and Mrs. informed me earlier in the day that it was my turn to wrangle dinner. So giant Korean market sells pre-marinated meat by the pound and a few minutes over a mesquite grill at home, and we're eatin'.

On other occasions, I like to slow smoke a pork shoulder or butt over oakwood for about 5 hours on the weekend.

And, nothing beats a big ol' slab of cow (ribeye) on the grill. Must haves are corn-on-cob and beans.

Edit:

Oh yeah, this past weekend we had wild sockeye salmon on the BBQ. Seared fast over a hot fire using alderwood ships. Mrs. makes a taragon/sour cream sauce for topping. Side of saffron basmati rice.

Old Mon, August 17th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Forum Predator

I'll have to adapt the trout idea to the local fish: perch, bass, catfish, tilapia and carp just to name the easy ones to get first ones by pole, last 2 by spear or arrow (I prefer the spear since my bow costs to much to take fishing )

Actually it is now a game violation to not gut carp and tilapia on the spot in texas...glad they dont go for a hook very often.

Also figured out pork chops a few days ago, still tender as cold leftovers
Old Tue, August 18th, 2009, 07:43 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I don't care about the cut as long as it's cow. However a good ribeye or porterhouse can't be beat.

It's nice to have other dishes along side the "main course" but anybody that knows me will tell you that a HUGE slab of beef is all I need.....and medium rare please on a charcoal grill ONLY.

Marinade.....not so much. A rub of pepper, garlic salt, and lemon & herb seasoning is da bomb.
Old Tue, August 18th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Forum Predator

X2
Old Tue, August 18th, 2009, 08:42 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot270 View Post
I'll have to adapt the trout idea to the local fish: perch, bass, catfish, tilapia and carp just to name the easy ones to get first ones by pole, last 2 by spear or arrow (I prefer the spear since my bow costs to much to take fishing )

Actually it is now a game violation to not gut carp and tilapia on the spot in texas...glad they dont go for a hook very often.

Also figured out pork chops a few days ago, still tender as cold leftovers
The perch and bass are good deep fat fried with a coating of shake'n bake pork flavoring on them. The tilapia is good grilled like the trout only with black'n cajun seasoning. Catfish any way is a good way especially cajun style. Carp? The only good carp is a dead one. But if I had to eat one it would have to be smoked.

Just some of the ways I have cooked them fish.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, August 18th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Forum Predator

Those sound good, a friend of mine knows how to make carp taste like any other fish, so im gonna ask him for a can of his magic powder if he has some. lol

Another friend of mine almost owns this place in town that makes the best grilled catfish, keep asking him to get the recipe for me but they say they're still tweaking it.