Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 11:15 AM
Whopper Junior

cody_k is on a distinguished road
Default Just wondering why it has been a month with no response.

That about sums it up. Three emails and 1 month ago I mailed my Gryphon to you because something was wrong with it. Even an email back telling me you were working on it would have sufficed. Instead nothing. I am getting pretty discouraged. I am sure you are very busy people and it may take more than a month to fix, But also I have over 400 dollars sitting somewhere doing nothing for me. Not hearing anything for a month when there is that much money on the line makes me kinda ancy. My name is Cody Kowalke. Please get back to whenever you can thanks. Cody_Kowalke@hotmail.com
Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 12:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Cody - Have you tried sending Corey an email or a PM about this after you sent it to them? I agree, it would be nice to know what is going on, and I'm sure they're not trying to keep you in the dark. This post though, is a bit "hit and miss". They may see it, and, they may miss it.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 07:59 AM
Whopper Junior

cody_k is on a distinguished road

Yes I have emailed him three times.
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 08:35 AM
Stays crispy in milk

phatbak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody_k View Post
Yes I have emailed him three times.
I know they had a lot of problems with their ISP, and phone service a short time ago, so maybe they never got yer emails. Best bet would be pm's to Power Hungry, or Groovy Chick on this forum.
Custom 87 Performance, live-tuned by Bill @ PHP
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Corey did say she had caught up on all emails/PMs and also said somewhere on the forum to contact her if you did not get a response... that was last week i think.. try email or PM again
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Double Whopper

Location: 2nd star to the right, straight on 'til morning(Ohio)
SubiGT is on a distinguished road

After I got my Gryphon, I sent Corey an email AND a PM thru the site with my Hex and S/N. No replies for 2 weeks.

After that, I sent Bill a PM with the same info(actually, just forwarded the original PM to him), he replied same day.

Try Bill
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody_k View Post
That about sums it up. Three emails and 1 month ago I mailed my Gryphon to you because something was wrong with it. Even an email back telling me you were working on it would have sufficed. Instead nothing. I am getting pretty discouraged. I am sure you are very busy people and it may take more than a month to fix, But also I have over 400 dollars sitting somewhere doing nothing for me. Not hearing anything for a month when there is that much money on the line makes me kinda ancy. My name is Cody Kowalke. Please get back to whenever you can thanks. Cody_Kowalke@hotmail.com
OP..a side note. Hotmail, yahoo, etc accounts are targeted by Firewalls/Spam filters all the time. That could be the issue as well.
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 04:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityFX4 View Post
OP..a side note. Hotmail, yahoo, etc accounts are targeted by Firewalls/Spam filters all the time. That could be the issue as well.
Excellent point, SinCity! I think the best approach is a PM.

- Jack
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 11:10 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Cody,

In regards to your programmer, I had received your package and upon opening it found no information in the box to dictate what was going on with the unit. We had a couple 97-03 programmers that had problems with the cables that would have been around the same time as you were having problems with your unit and I was under the mistaken impression that you were one of the customers that we had cross-shipped a replacement unit. That's my fault I guess... I've looked over your programmer, replaced the cable, and it will be shipped out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityFX4 View Post
We have had (and continue to have) a HUGE problem with large scale e-mail handlers, including Yahoo, MSN, Gmail, Hotmail, Comcast (which is oddly enough our current ISP), and a few others. This has been an ongoing problem with both incoming and outgoing mail, which is frankly what prompted us to start the forums in the first place. I have no explanation why some e-mails get through and some don't and I've talked to IT gurus and have even tried switching ISPs form Windstream to Comcast, all to no avail.

Aside from that, all general e-mails are routed through Corey and she gets anywhere from 75 to 100 e-mails every day. There's a ton of junk mail to be sure and on occasion some legitimate e-mails may get caught in spam filters or just may be mistaken for junk. Even customers' orders have completely disappeared. In those situations, I do apologize.

Moving on...

If everyone could please keep in mind that Corey and I handle 50 or more phone calls a day (not to mention the PMs and e-mails), and we can't always remember the nature of every phone call or every customer's specific issue. On the occasion that something is returned to us without any information whatsoever, it makes things extremely difficult for us. We're not asking a lot... just a name, a phone number and a brief description of the problem. Just something in the box so we would have something to reference.

You'd be amazed at the number of packages we receive with no identifying information whatsoever in the box. Even the shipping label is from a UPS Store or something like that so we have absolutely no idea what it's for or who it belongs to. We've had boxes here literally for months before a curious customer calls and asks, "What's up??" Try as we might, we can't all be mind readers.

Anyway, we are looking into RMA tracking software that will hopefully eliminate many of these types of problems in the future. At least this way when an unmarked unit comes in we'll have some sort of idea what's going on. It won't stop the "mystery" packages, but it will help us keep better track our customer's products and problems.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Thu, April 23rd, 2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Moved an apostrophe to the right place. :o)
Old Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road
Thx Bill....people dont realize the volume at all. Hell, I didnt really either until I talked to you a couple of weeks ago.

Sounded like you were shipping packages, talking to me, the kids, and holding on your brain as it was trying to explode at the same time.

You guys do alot...WE APPRECIATE IT ALL