Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

AZFX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon with canned tunes and changing gear and tire size.

Hey guys..

I've been real busy getting my truck all cleaned for a F150 meet in Huntington Beach, Cali.

My truck runs fine, I just want to check to make sure it shows the correct gear ratio and tire size.

It says to go under custom tune and that's how you change it. But I can't get it to come up? I can't even find it no where.

I unplugged it, waited, plugged it back in and it never showed...

I'm sure it's explained somewhere on the forum, but I'm off to work and leave when I get home.. So any help would be appreciated. I don't think it's a big deal since it's running great, but I just wanted to make sure it shows 3.55ls and 265/70/17r...

Thanks.
Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 02:35 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

AZFX4 - I moved your thread to the Gryphon forum because you don't really have a "problem" that needs fixing.

I think, from your question, you may have a misunderstanding about the Tire Size (TS) and Gear Ratio (GR) settings. If you have custom tunes and you told Bill what your TS and GR are, or if both the TS and GR are OEM, with canned or custom tunes, you DO NOT have to do anything - the correct values will be loaded into your PCM.

If that is not the case, you will need to set them by using the Custom Options menu. Please read this Q&A before you even start doing that though: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...=9248#post9248

When you select a tune level to load into the PCM, you are given the chance to "Create A Custom Program". If you choose "Yes", you will be taken to the "Custom Options" menu. Here is where you can set your TS and GR, among other things. You cannot simply check that the values are right! The TS especially, will probably ALWAYS be wrong! For the reason this is so, read the Q&A I refer you to above.

There is no way for you to simply "display" your TS and GR in the Gryphon.

Hope this helps.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

AZFX4 is on a distinguished road

Ya, sorry I put it in the wrong section. I wasn't paying attention.

Yes my gear ratio and tire size is OEM for my truck. But I've read where people had plugged in their Edge/Gryphon and it showed the wrong gear ratio??? So that's why I was wondering.

But I think everything is good to go.

Thanks.
Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 09:44 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFX4 View Post
Ya, sorry I put it in the wrong section. I wasn't paying attention.

Yes my gear ratio and tire size is OEM for my truck. But I've read where people had plugged in their Edge/Gryphon and it showed the wrong gear ratio??? So that's why I was wondering.

But I think everything is good to go.

Thanks.
That's why I wanted you to read the Q&A in the link I gave you. Look at question #1! It gives you the answer.

- Jack