Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

View Poll Results: What CAI are you running?
AFE 27 9.64%
Air Force One 10 3.57%
Airaid 19 6.79%
Banks 9 3.21%
K&N 73 26.07%
S&B 21 7.50%
Other 60 21.43%
Volant 22 7.86%
I don't have a CAI. 39 13.93%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sun, February 20th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Double Whopper

wood4heat is on a distinguished road

Is there much if any benefit to the air raid or similar kits over a DIY 6637 on a 7.3?
Old Tue, March 1st, 2011, 02:12 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

dietoremain is on a distinguished road

DIY Tymar style .
Old Fri, November 25th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Whopper

KingRanch4Life is on a distinguished road
Default S&B CAI

I chose the S&B CAI... I thought it was basically a manufactured GOTTS mod being that it is still enclosed and it pulls air from the fender instead of the engine compartment..
325/50/22 Nitto Trail Grappler, 22 inch XD Rockstar(+12 offset/5.75 Backspace), Rancho 4 inch, 3.73LS gears, Pioneer AVIC Z110BT navigation unit, JL component speakers(Front) JL Audio speakers(Rear), RE Audio 10's. Edge CS Programmer, S&B Cold Air Intake
Old Mon, February 6th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Whopper Junior No Tomato

j. clementi is on a distinguished road

Dont know if it classifies as a CAI... But Im using the CDC Shaker Hood Intake... I dont think its worth the "retail prices" I've found online but Im extremly happy with the kit for what I paid

Old Mon, February 6th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. clementi View Post
Dont know if it classifies as a CAI... But Im using the CDC Shaker Hood Intake... I dont think its worth the "retail prices" I've found online but Im extremly happy with the kit for what I paid

Awesome! I am jealous... I would definitely call that a CAI... keeps the cold outside air from being contaminated as much with hot under-hood air... I want one for my mustang
Old Thu, February 9th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Whopper Junior No Tomato

j. clementi is on a distinguished road

From what I understand, the CDC shaker kits for the mustangs are even easier to install than on the F150s... My F150 had a support bracket that had to be trimmed up a little bit to get the weather stripping to fit... The mustang supports are actually just outside where the cutout goes for the shaker kit...

A deal pops up once in a while on Ebay. Check out seller "MustangMods" Thats where I got mine for the truck. I stole it for way way way way less than retail

(On a side note, in the last month I have watched 2 Roush SiDo exhaust catback kits for the 04-08 F150 sell for under $300 from that seller)
Old Fri, February 10th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Ill check him out sometime, thanks . And yes I have looked into the mustang's install procedure for the shaker hoods and the hood is designed for it, just cut out the hole in the right spot and fit in the rubber and it should line up perfectly with the shaker system .
Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Whopper

cndrashcroft is on a distinguished road
The K&N intake was the first thing i did to my 04 FX4 F150 and i saw great increases in mpg. I think I do more highway driving than most at about 97% that may be why I've seen a larger increase going from 460 km's(285mi) a tank to arround 575 km's(357mi). I loved the responce and sound so the first couple tanks had worse mpg due to a heavy foot problem lol. I paid over 450$ for my K&N and it paid for itself in less than a year at 5 tanks every 2 weeks 3 years ago when fuel was at an absurd price( 150-160 a tank)
04 FX4 OBX long tube headders, K&N intake, Magnaflow offroad catback, 325/65r18 BFG's(34.6/13/18), Platinum smoked tail lights, HI/LO HID black projector headlights, painted to match brush guard, 2" level kit
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...t/viper023.jpg
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Whopper

KingRanch4Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. clementi View Post

What kind of gains are you getting out of it? Looks pretty good..
325/50/22 Nitto Trail Grappler, 22 inch XD Rockstar(+12 offset/5.75 Backspace), Rancho 4 inch, 3.73LS gears, Pioneer AVIC Z110BT navigation unit, JL component speakers(Front) JL Audio speakers(Rear), RE Audio 10's. Edge CS Programmer, S&B Cold Air Intake
Old Thu, May 17th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Whopper Junior

281Screw is on a distinguished road

S&B here