Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Whopper

cackler08 is on a distinguished road
Default 3" Ready Lift Leveling Kit-Strange Noise

I have recently installed a 3" Ready Lift leveling kit. The install was simple and the truck looks great. Since the install I now have a strange popping or clunking noise coming from somewhere within the suspension on the passengers side.The noise happens at different times with no regularity.
I cannot duplicate the noise and am baffled by it. Has anyone experienced simiral noises with their leveling kits?
Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 03:50 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Check all the fasteners to everything.
Look at the suspension travel make sure nothings hitting.
Make sure your lugs are tight on your wheels. You could have also have a bad shock?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cackler08 View Post
I have recently installed a 3" Ready Lift leveling kit. The install was simple and the truck looks great. Since the install I now have a strange popping or clunking noise coming from somewhere within the suspension on the passengers side.The noise happens at different times with no regularity.
I cannot duplicate the noise and am baffled by it. Has anyone experienced simiral noises with their leveling kits?
Well I know you said it happens at different times, but could it be when your suspension flexes a little bit? Some of the taller leveling kits will have the upper control arm bolt come down and hit the spring. Now this shouldn't be the case if your just driving down good roads. But you can go look at your strut/spring and see if there has been any scarring.

Also like lars said make sure everything is tight. Specially check the bolts on top of the strut that runs into the leveling kit, and also where the kit bolts down to the top of the spring. I believe they are 17mm. But I have seen the 3 tops ones loose on one truck.
Old Mon, June 29th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Whopper

cackler08 is on a distinguished road
Default Update

Thanks for the imput. I have been able to hone in on the issue a little more. It seems that the noise always happens in the front passenger side when making a turn. I believe it is always during a right turn. Now it's not every turn. The occurances are still random. I'm trying o see if its while turning and hitting a bump, but I haven't narrowed it yet.
Old Sat, July 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Whopper

20045.4x4 is on a distinguished road

Just a heads up watch your CV axles and things like that, I've herd 3" is almost to much on a stock suspention