Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Old Fri, July 8th, 2011, 11:58 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

BIG UHHH OHHHH.........looks like I will be piloting one of these things sooner than I expected.........

Tonight will be my first time ever driving one of these, and it will be in a race.
Old Fri, July 8th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907DAVE View Post
No problem!

Our track is a 1/4 mile, just barely. It actually measures out to be a 1/4 mile one foot off the inside of the track. Our fastest time (and track record) is 13.90. There is another paved oval in Wasilla, which is about 400 miles away. That track is barely a 1/4 mile on the outside, and has high banking. There are quite a few dirt tracks around the state, but we only make it out to our local one twice a year for special events.

The Legends are a "spec" series car, which means everyone has the same stuff. We are governed by a very strict set of rules, which makes it challenging.....but inexpensive to keep a car on the track. The engines have a seal so they cannot be disassembled, but we are allowed to play with the carbs. The tires are made by Federal and are a street tire, with the Legends series branding on the side. Basically it all comes down to setup and driver.

The Sprint on the other hand do not have hardly any rules. The engines must be 360 or below, use ASCS heads and restrictor gaskets(intake). They are all mechanically injected and run methanol. But basically, you can run whatever you want for tires, chassis, weight, etc.

Right now I am leading by over 100 points at our track, and if I can finish every race I should be able to get the track championship this year. But, I am going to try and not think about it.
Yep run all the races the best you can & everything should shake out just fine.

Man as far as the Sprints go how light are they making them with the small block ? They should be like a rocket ship...lol
How hard of a tire do they run on the right rear & how much stagger in the rear with the tires, I take it the turns have to be pretty tight. We used to get away with a 30 on the rr at some places but would have to run a 40 at most places to keep from blistering it but that was on dirt. Shoot I'll bet they don't even use those #'s any more for the hard/soft of the tires, funny but we run the same 00 gumball on the left front for 2 1/2 years.

Good luck the rest of the year & I'm sure I'll be bugging you about weekly results now...hahaha Ohh & can't wait to hear more about your Sprint car
Old Fri, July 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM

WOW you put up the pic of that Sprint while I was typing the dum dum post before.
Give em hell tonight, just try not busting anything up haha

Good luck bud
Old Fri, July 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
BIG UHHH OHHHH.........looks like I will be piloting one of these things sooner than I expected.........

Tonight will be my first time ever driving one of these, and it will be in a race.
Kewl!.....practice practice practice........the wing is a different feeling of driving to get used too.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, July 8th, 2011, 12:50 PM
BROKE

Thats the problem.....I dont get any practice first. Should be a blast though!
Old Sat, July 9th, 2011, 09:54 AM

How did you make out with the sprint last night Dave
Old Sat, July 9th, 2011, 05:39 PM
BROKE

Got rained out.

They rescheduled for today, and the sprint car owner is back in town, but I will still run the car during hot laps.
Old Sat, July 9th, 2011, 05:44 PM
BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj45lc View Post
Yep run all the races the best you can & everything should shake out just fine.

Man as far as the Sprints go how light are they making them with the small block ? They should be like a rocket ship...lol
How hard of a tire do they run on the right rear & how much stagger in the rear with the tires, I take it the turns have to be pretty tight. We used to get away with a 30 on the rr at some places but would have to run a 40 at most places to keep from blistering it but that was on dirt. Shoot I'll bet they don't even use those #'s any more for the hard/soft of the tires, funny but we run the same 00 gumball on the left front for 2 1/2 years.

Good luck the rest of the year & I'm sure I'll be bugging you about weekly results now...hahaha Ohh & can't wait to hear more about your Sprint car
Not sure the exact weight, but they are close to 1500lbs and probably inching up towards 700 HP.

I dont know the durometer reading on the tires, but they are super soft. I will ask for ya tonight.

We have been playing around a bit with stagger and 9" seems so be the magic number, others run them up to 12''.
Old Sat, July 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Got rained out.

They rescheduled for today, and the sprint car owner is back in town, but I will still run the car during hot laps.
Rain sometimes sucks...I probably shouldn't have said that as dry as it's been here
Good deal bud run all the laps you can
Old Wed, July 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM

hey Dave you're killin me...lol
how did you make out this w/e
how'd the hot laps go