Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sun, June 17th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Whopper Junior

JasonFaber is on a distinguished road
Default Need some help with my Minotaur

First off, I think this software is awsome. I am 100% satisfied with this purchase, especially comming from someone who drives an extended E350 in Chicago. I have the shift point set, to what I think, is almost perfect for my style of driving. There is just a few things that I cannot figure out, and would rather ask before changing random numbers.

My first issue is idle speed when it is in gear. When the truck is in park/neutral it seems to idle just fine, but when the engine/oil gets up to working temperature the idle climbs way up when it is in gear in every tune but the stock tune.
The differences in parameters between the stock file and all the other files, that have no description, are;
-Checksum
-TVASOF
-TVEMOD
I have no idea what they are but would be nice to know if they have an effect on idle speed. The only other thing that I think might have an effect on the idle might be that the SOI map starts off at 2 instead of 0?
Anyhow, I would love to know what the PCM actually does to the idle when the truck gets shifted into gear and when it goes into park/neutral. Does it just increase/decrease the MFD by a certian %, or change the minimum pedal position, or?

The other thing, which isn't as big if a deal, is the t/c map. Even though the lockup in the 4th gear map runs strait at 42 it won't lock at that speed if the throttle (or boost?) is higher in range. There has got to be some parameter that scales the t/c. I can take a few guess as to which one that is and try it , but it would be easier if I just asked.
Old Wed, September 19th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

Check your base idle function. You can adjust idle vs. temp there.