Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, May 24th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Whopper

stryker6040 is on a distinguished road

Jack the number you gave me was almost dead on. just a little more fine tuning and everything should be as close to prefect as we can get thanks a lot for the help!
Old Sun, May 24th, 2009, 11:50 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker6040 View Post
Jack the number you gave me was almost dead on. just a little more fine tuning and everything should be as close to prefect as we can get thanks a lot for the help!
You're most welcome! Glad we could help you out.

- Jack
Old Sun, June 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Whopper

Mexico Dan is on a distinguished road

I just got my custom tunes, took it out for a 250 mile drive this weekend. I don't have a gps, but using the mile markers on the freeway, my odometer flips about 150 feet before each mile marker. I also feel "slow" driving the same roads I'm used to. Decrease tire size a little? I have 285/75/16 Terra Grapplers, max psi 65, and running them about 43. Is this too low?
Old Sun, June 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico Dan View Post
I just got my custom tunes, took it out for a 250 mile drive this weekend. I don't have a gps, but using the mile markers on the freeway, my odometer flips about 150 feet before each mile marker. I also feel "slow" driving the same roads I'm used to. Decrease tire size a little? I have 285/75/16 Terra Grapplers, max psi 65, and running them about 43. Is this too low?
Your 150 feet in 5280 feet is about 2.8% in error. You COULD try subtracting 2.8% from the current circumference you are using. The pressure seems all right to me - are you using OEM sized tires and wheels? If so, there should be stickers on the truck recommending the tire pressure. However, since the max pressure is 65, I doubt you'd hurt anything using 50 psi cold.

When I enter your tire size in Bill's Gear Ratio Calculator in Pegasus and use a 7% rubber squish, I get a circumference of 2525 mm. What are you currently using?

- Jack

Last edited by Jackpine; Mon, June 8th, 2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: I typed "rebber" instead of "rubber"!
Old Mon, June 8th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Whopper

These aren't stock tires. I usually run them around 41-43 then up them to 50 when I tow the boat.

The custom tunes came with the value 2550. I just dropped it down to 2449. There is one of those parked cop things that displays your speed, I'm going to drive by that a few times to get it where it needs to be.
Old Mon, June 8th, 2009, 07:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Good! I just subtracted 2.8% from 2550 and came up with 2479. I suspect 2449 will be much too low. I'd try something in the 2500 range as a start.

- Jack
Old Wed, June 10th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Whopper

Argh, when I change the tire size and it goes throught the 4 stages, it doesn't save the change when I restart the truck. What am I doing wrong? I did the same thing before custom tunes and it stuck.
Old Wed, June 10th, 2009, 10:20 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

When I go into check the tire size or any other changes. I do the following.

Open CO menu.
Then load previous settings.
Then to tire size usually says 2484
Then to gear ratio usually says 3.73
Then save changes/done. Or follow this link:
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...newpost&t=1101

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, June 11th, 2009, 10:18 AM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico Dan View Post
Argh, when I change the tire size and it goes throught the 4 stages, it doesn't save the change when I restart the truck. What am I doing wrong? I did the same thing before custom tunes and it stuck.
Follow the directions Lars gave you in the post just above this one. I suspect you are not "Loading Previous Settings". Follow the link he gave you for an explanation of all the custom options idiosyncrasies.

- Jack