Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 08:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot270 View Post
yep, entered everything, even let it pull some of the info off of the programmer to make sure it was correct. Now there is one box that is blank, its the one on the bottom right that says calibration, but even when it pulled info from the programmer I dont think that it was filled in. Your might also look different because your tunes have already come in.
That's the one I suspected was blank! Go ahead and manually type it in. This is your HEX code. Do that and click on <Save> in the Registration window.

Once you do that, try the "Update Status" menu item again.

- Jack
Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Did that but still saying the same thing letter for letter.
my hex is okdg3a3. Tried both zero and the letter O for the first one and capitalized and lower case, same thing either way. Do you think that Im getting this because my tune hasn't come in?
Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Forum Predator

did some more digging into things that might also be wrong. Found something else that is making me curious. I currently have pagasus v.2.01.0575, and when I check for pagasus updates it says there is one: v2.01.0594. So I click updates>apply updates. It then downloads the update (successfully) so I click OK. Then that window closes and a new smaller window comes up that says "finalizing update"(this one appears to be with pegasus programming and not Windows). That stays up for a second and then a new window comes up that is tited "Complete" but says there are no files to be processed. Just after reading this a window, a new box comes up that says "component 'MSCOMM32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". Then when that closes I notice that pegasus is also closed.

Is this a situation similar to Will Smith in "Irobot" where everthing electronic is messing up or is my MS Windows OS acting like it's preview game 'minesweeper'?

*is there a connection between this mysterious 'MSCOMM32.OCX' and Microsoft windows?
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Double Whopper

Circuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
That's the one I suspected was blank! Go ahead and manually type it in. This is your HEX code. Do that and click on <Save> in the Registration window.

Once you do that, try the "Update Status" menu item again.

- Jack
I have something simular going on...

My client will pull everything except the hex code and it won't let me type it in manually. My client version is v2.01.0594. Everything else works fine. I just don't want to be left off the custom tune list because of a mistake on my part...

I put the truck to stock, pull it out of the truck, connect it up, everything connects but it won't let me enter my hex. (My hex is in my user cp and I also emailed it to Corey.)

Added: After looking at it again I see my hex code in the update manager window so I know the program has it. It just doesn't enter it in my registration info.

Current: In bed lighting, K&N Drop-in, Gott's intake mod, Gryphon custom tuned
Future: Exhaust (next), UDP, eFans
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 08:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

This is why I love/hate computers. (And I taught computer programming and microprocessor design in the University for 20 years).

Circuit and Longshot, I'm going to defer this to Bill, because it's a problem with his software and I don't have access to the internals of it. It might help him to know your operating system. Is it XP, Vista, or 64-bit Vista? (What the heck is going to happen when Windows 7 hits the streets?)

I vaguely recall something about the missing ".OCX" file, but I can't find it now. Bill will probably know immediately what to do.

Version ".0594" is the correct one at this moment.

Sorry I can't be more help.

- Jack
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Forum Predator

Im not too worried about it because I THINK I'll still be able to download my custom tune when it comes in. But its good to be sure. What are the differences between the new and previous programs?

As for OS's, I've got the 32bit windows Vista. I know this missing file's name looks familiar, just cant place it.

Me and computers either dont like each other at all or work together awesome. I just think windows is like the game minesweeper. Your happy and smiling until you make one click that is not so good then *boom*, you gotta start everthing all over. lol
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 10:29 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

There is patch on the PHP website's support page that addresses the MSCOMM32.OCX problem. You'll need to download and run the installer to fix the issue.

There is also going to be an update available tomorrow for Pegasus. Version 2.01.0605 will be the latest release and fixes the problem where the registration form doesn't correctly retrieve the calibration code from the device. There are a couple of other minor tweaks as well, but nothing significant.

I'll be rebuilding the installer to hopefully resolve the problem with the MSCOMM32.OCX issue and also include the new 64 bit compatible USB drivers.

Keep an eye out on the website for the full installer.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Forum Predator

Ok well I'll wait for the newer update because even the mscomm32 installer from the website isnt getting its job done.
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Double Whopper

Circuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
... There is also going to be an update available tomorrow for Pegasus ...
Thanks. I will have an eye out for it. At least I don't have any of the other problems.

I am trying to burn as much of my 87 octane out of my tank (first time ever I regretted having the large tank lol) so I can fill up with 94 on the weekend and try level 3.

Good luck longshot

Current: In bed lighting, K&N Drop-in, Gott's intake mod, Gryphon custom tuned
Future: Exhaust (next), UDP, eFans