Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, October 28th, 2009, 08:27 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzfx4 View Post
So I tested the original cable that I got with my programer on another device and it worked. So the cable being the problem is X.

The drivers should have all loaded because I used pegasus to down load and upload my custom tunes to the programer about a month ago. Is it possible that one of the drives got corrupt?

I'm thinking I might uninstall Pegasus and then reinstall it. Is this a good idea? Is there anything I should know with regards to trying to snyc a all ready registered/customised programer with a newer down loaded of the pegasus software?
Go ahead and uninstall, then reinstall Pegasus. This will not cause any problems with your Gryphon. It IS possible your driver(s) have become corrupt. You MAY have to re-register the data for the Gryphon again, but that would be about all.

The other possibility of course is that the USB input port circuit into your Gryphon has become damaged. I feel this is covered under the warranty if it DID happen, but try the Pegasus uninstall/reinstall first. If that doesn't hack it, talk to Bill or Corey - they'll have to sort it out.

- Jack
Old Wed, October 28th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Any luck with the re-installation?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sat, October 31st, 2009, 10:18 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

buzzfx4, I just stumbled across a thread containing a problem similar to yours. In his case, he didn't quite have the USB cable inserted fully, either in the PC or the Gryphon. It would power the unit, but the Gryphon would not connect. Make sure you're fully plugged in.

And, another thought. Is your PC a laptop? I have a laptop (an Averatec) that WILL NOT power an external disk drive properly. It spins the drive, but if I try to do a backup to the drive, it cannot read the drive properly during the "verify phase". This is even using a USB cable that has two PC end plugs that are supposed to get more power to the external device. There's nothing wrong with the drive of course, it works just fine with a different laptop or my desktop. Possibly, your PC's power supply through its USB port is just not enough to BOTH power AND communicate with the Gryphon? Any way you could try it on a different PC?

- Jack
Old Sat, November 7th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Chris

buzzfx4 is on a distinguished road

Ok. So I gave up. After uninstalling and reinstalling Pegasus and trying to manualy install the programer as new hardware with no luck I just said F it and went looking for another computer. I found an old laptop and installed Pegasus on it and everything that goes with it. The programer works like normal with the new computer, no problem what so ever.

So I have no idea what was wrong with first computer. I thought maybe it was the computers 2.0 USB driver got F up but it wasn't. So I don't know.

Thank you every for the help ad the suggestions to fix the problem.
Old Sun, November 8th, 2009, 05:34 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Don't worry about it!
I had to find another computer too!
VISTASUCKS

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.