Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Closed Thread

Old Sun, January 16th, 2011, 12:34 PM
08F150LARIET

lbjailer is on a distinguished road

Unable to locate the file specifed by the target instructions. Process failed.

Update failed. Please contact your vendor for assistance.

Here is what Pegasus said.
Old Sun, January 16th, 2011, 12:59 PM
08F150LARIET

i'm going to try it on my desktop running windows 7 and see if that works
Old Sun, January 16th, 2011, 01:22 PM
08F150LARIET

I must be having issues with my Laptop. I installed on myt desktop and everything seemed to have worked. I am now going to plug it in my truck. I am still waiting for my new custom tune and a response to my trouble ticket #94.
Thanks for your time Jack.
Old Sun, January 16th, 2011, 02:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjailer View Post
I must be having issues with my Laptop. I installed on myt desktop and everything seemed to have worked. I am now going to plug it in my truck. I am still waiting for my new custom tune and a response to my trouble ticket #94.
Thanks for your time Jack.
Laptops can easily be a problem. They have limited power output at the USB ports (come are better than others). Some laptops simply cannot communicate properly with the Gryphon. I have a laptop that won't backup on an external hard drive, even if I use a "two USB plug" connector with it. However, if the drive has an external power supply, it will work.

- Jack
Old Tue, January 25th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

Any updates to this guys? Has anyone applied updates that seemed to have resolved the issue? I'm in the same boat I have been. It still happens, but it's very seldom....so seldom that I'm okay with it.
Old Tue, January 25th, 2011, 08:30 PM
08F150LARIET

I wish someone would at least confirm this issue and that it is being worked on. I'm happy with the canned tunes but paid for custom tunes. The custom tune seems to be the cause this issue.
Old Wed, January 26th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

I agree b/c it didn't happen on my canned tow tune either....only the 87 custom performance tune. It WOULD be nice to get an update, but it is what it is. I like my custom tune too much to switch off of it, so I'll just deal with it for now.
Old Thu, January 27th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Whopper

mkehler is on a distinguished road

I can only use canned tune #1. #2 is what gives me hesitation issues.

Mods, can you please alert Bill? I have been waiting since end of October and have only had one response saying it would be looked at soon. I essentially have a really expensive gauge reader, I could have just kept my Scangauge if I wanted that.

If it was a custom tune issue I could see, but this is a canned tune.

Matt
Old Fri, January 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Matt - the problem you are describing sounds a lot like a dirty throttle body or dirty MAF sensor or both. Has anyone suggested this possibility to you and/or have you checked those two items? Without going back through 15 pages of posts, I can't tell, and I'm reluctant to do that - which brings me to this:

The thread has become essentially useless because it is so long and is composed of posts that often describe different problems. At the moment, I can't easily tell who has an outstanding issue and who doesn't. I'm sure Bill would have no better success. We Mods have fallen down on our duties here and I've decided there's really only one solution - to close the thread.

Please, if you are having an issue with anything, create a thread in this forum: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/general-support/ Do NOT "piggyback" on someone else's thread here, even if your problem is identical! Create your OWN thread for YOUR problem! If you want to suggest a solution or ask a question to clarify the problem that the thread OP is talking about, those would be "legal" posts in someone else's thread, but nothing else.

And, probably the BEST way now to get Bill's attention on a problem is to submit a "trouble ticket": Support Login Please use that method too.

I hope no one feels "stepped on" here. I'm NOT putting anyone down, but I AM trying to get you who need it, useful help.

Thanks for understanding.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Closed Thread