Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, May 7th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Canadian

tohi2care is on a distinguished road
Calibration error F1

I recently had my truck at the dealer to get my plugs changed. I set the truck back to stock and removed my Gryphon before it was worked on. I get the truck back and was told the ECU was updated with new firmware for some throttle lag issue (which for me was solved by the Gryphon) so whatever. I got the truck back and tried loading a custom tune and when I tried to edit the tire size I recieved an error message that siad the calibration is not compatible and it gave me error code F1 and told me to phone the Vendor (PHP)The gryphon still functions normally and displays everything it should but now it won't accept the new tire size and I'm scared to try and let it just do the custom tune without adjusting tire size because I need the truck for work and don't want it to disable the vehicle or something. I also could not clear the error and had to unplug the unit in order to get the display back. I tried plugging the unit into Pegasus and found that it has a calibration update (version 1.02.0613) but when I click the update button it tells me it's going to clear my custom tunes so respectfully declined....lol

Help when you can guys no rush as the truck is still drivable but not nearly as fun!

Last edited by tohi2care; Fri, May 8th, 2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Let the Mud come!!!

twintips_17 is on a distinguished road

Plug your gryphon in and check to make sure the hex code is the same as the one in your user cp settings. They might have reflashed it and that would have changed the hex code to my knowledge. Then your tunes will no longer work. The stock canned tunes will however.

PHP was selling a plug for instances just like this one where they cover the OBDII port and say don’t reflash without costumer approval or something along those lines.

I didn't buy it as I never take my truck to the dealer.

Good Luck

SUPERcrew
AF1, EDGE, and EFANS with Magnaflow Exhast SISO.
Expy Console and Rear Seat Swap! Eagle 16's with 285-75/16 ST's
Gryphon Tuner soon to have custom tunes by PHP!
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 02:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohi2care View Post
I recently had my truck at the dealer to get my plugs changed. I set the truck back to stock and removed my Gryphon before it was worked on. I get the truck back and was told the ECU was updated with new firmware for some throttle lag issue (which for me was solved by the Gryphon) so whatever. I got the truck back and tried loading a custom tune and when I tried to edit the tire size I recieved an error message that siad the calibration is not compatible and it gave me error code F1 and told me to phone the Vendor (PHP)The gryphon still functions normally and displays everything it should but now it won't accept the new tire size and I'm scared to try and let it just do the custom tune without adjusting tire size because I need the truck for work and don't want it to disable the vehicle or something. I also could not clear the error and had to unplug the unit in order to get the display back. I tried plugging the unit into Pegasus and found that it has a calibration update (version 1.02.0613) but when I click the update button it tells me it's going to clear my custom tunes so respectfully declined....lol

Help when you can guys no rush as the truck is still drivable but not nearly as fun!
First, you done good bypassing the "Calibration" update. That WOULD have wiped out your custom tunes!

This is from the Gryphon manual though (when in doubt, RTFM!): "ERROR CODE 0xF1 (IN CUSTOM MENU) – If you are receiving this error code while trying to configure your custom options, disconnect from the OBDII connector, turn the key to the ON position, and plug the Gryphon™ back in. After getting to the main screen (past Intro and Disclaimer), wait 15 seconds. This will give your unit time to load parameters it needs to perform the custom changes. You should now be able to perform your custom changes.

Hopefully, this will get you going again. However, here's the way I'd really do it: With the key ON, plug the Gryphon in. Then, try to load a tune but completely bypass the Custom Options menu! Just click on [No]. If the tune loads, all is well - the dealer flash did not change your hex code. If the tune does NOT load though, Bill is going to have to rebuild your tunes for the new hex code the dealer's flash must have created, and you'll have to get it to him. It won't take him long to do this, but he can't do it without the hex code.

If the tune did load though, go back and reload the custom tune you just loaded, but this time say Yes to the Custom Options menu. Verify and correct (if necessary) your Gear Ratio and Tire Size. And, make any other changes you want. Scroll to "Done" and hit [Enter]. You should be good to go.

Let us know how this all works out, please?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Canadian

The hex code has changed So, how much is this going to cost me?

Last edited by tohi2care; Fri, May 8th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 08:34 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
The hex code has changed So, how much is this going to cost me?
I don't think it will be anything, because that's the way PHP operates. But if there IS a charge, it will be minimal. The biggest problem will be the wait you'll have for Bill to get to you to rebuild your tunes. He can't do it when he's out of "touch".

And, realize, of course, that any time he devotes to your problem, takes him away from completing other people's tunes (if you really want to feel guilty). :o Hope you know I'm just pulling your chain here. The reflash was not really your fault. Would have been worse if you had NOT returned your truck to stock first.

Still, you can use the Gryphon as a PID monitor on Level 0 if it won't program to a higher level until Bill rebuilds your tunes, so all is not lost.

- Jack
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Canadian

Cool
Old Mon, June 29th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Canadian

Any progress on the rebuild?
Old Mon, June 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I put a note up on the moderator's board hopefully Bill or Corey respond to it.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, June 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Any progress on the rebuild?
You've been incredibly patient! I thought your reflash problem had been taken care of long ago. With Lars putting this on the Moderator's forum, you should get fairly quick response - if not, tell us!

- Jack
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
Canadian

I know they are busy and with the health issues I didn't want to pester them. But being it is now boating season I could use the towing tune I had.