Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, July 14th, 2009, 11:29 PM
?????

Jordanp252 is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon

I am new to this forum, been reading a lot about the Gryphon over on F150online. Had a few question for yall. What is the current wait time for a Gryphon? If i do any mods down the road, bill can rewrite my tunes ($30) and send them through the server or something like that? Also what custoim tunes should i get, I want something that is going to give me better mpg on the highway, one that is going to give me some "power" and maybe like a tow tune, i only tow maybe 1-3 times a year or so. Thanks in advance
Old Tue, July 14th, 2009, 11:56 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Wait times?
I really can't post that only Bill or Corey know that.

What tunes?
What octane do you like to run?
How do you like to drive?

Do rewrites on tunes due to mod upgrades?
Yah they can but the rewrites may have a fee. Bill or Corey would have to answer that.

How do tunes come?
They come via pegasus, its the client server for gryphons. So basically through the internet.

Answer a few of these ?'s and I will give you some more answers, excluding the wait time and rewrites.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 12:01 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Probably, a "power" tune would not be too different from an "economy" tune.

I honestly can't see changing between power and economy in daily useage.

A towing tune makes perfect sense though.

Current wait time for the "canned" tune Gryphon is the UPS delivery time. PHP tries to send them out within 48 hours of your paid order.

Custom tunes are about 6 weeks now maybe?

I think tunes ordered at the time of ordering a Gryphon are $30.00 each. I think though, if you order ones later due to extensive mods or whatever, the cost is about $60.00. (It's still a bargain in my book). Do go to their website and check on this though. It's all there and I just don't have time to do it for you right now.

Tunes are downloaded and installed into your Gryphon using their Pegasus application, which communicates with their server.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 12:14 AM
?????

Thanks for the response guys. I drive pretty casual, sometime I like to get on it i usually run 87 in the tank. I live in TX and im from NC and i drive back there once a year or so, so would likea good mpg tune. Should i get 3 cutome tunes you think, or are the canned ones just as good.
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Whopper

Jason M is on a distinguished road

I think the wait for canned tunes is longer than 6 weeks, I've been waiting 10.
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanp252 View Post
Thanks for the response guys. I drive pretty casual, sometime I like to get on it i usually run 87 in the tank. I live in TX and im from NC and i drive back there once a year or so, so would likea good mpg tune. Should i get 3 cutome tunes you think, or are the canned ones just as good.
Do you pull at all?

Ever run premium gas?

If your pickup is just transportation than a 87 perf tune would be it.

Occasional towing under #2500 lbs doesn't require a tow tune. But if your future says your getting a camper than get a 87 oct tow tune or going to tow heavy loads.

A 91-93 oct perf tune really wakes the truck up.

Most people get 1-2 mpg more on perf tunes. While others stay the same. And some lose mpg. All depends on driving style and habits.

Lars

Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 12:57 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
I think the wait for canned tunes is longer than 6 weeks, I've been waiting 10.
I think you mean "custom" instead of canned.
LOL's

Lars

Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Whopper

Jason M is on a distinguished road
Default You are correct

I did mean that I have been waiting 10 weeks for "custom" tunes. Good eye.
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sorry, Jason. I thought Bill had gotten more "caught up" than that. I just checked your serial number and you should be VERY close to having your tunes. On the first of July, Bill had gotten up to 1773. So, hopefully, you won't be waiting much longer.

- Jack
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 05:46 PM
?????

I usually run 87 so i think that maybe an 87 perf tune and maybe a 93 perf tune would suit me good. I do rent a boat every now and then from base which is never bigger than a 20ft pantoon boat, most of the time it is sa 17' fishing boat so no need i guess for a tow tune. My truck is in the shop getting 7.5" of lift put on it (6" RC and 1.5 AS, 1.5 AAL) amd I also just got 35 KM2 put on it so i am waiting for it to get out so i can put in my order forim. I have to get some of the info off the truck to fill in on the form. Or should i say my wonderful wife has to get the info for me, becasue i am in Iraq. She has gotten all this done for me while i been over here, lift, tires, etc, etc. I bet i have changed my mind on these MODS over 100 times. But Thanks again for all the help guys

I got about 8 weeks left so maybe by time i get back the tunes will be ready.