Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Be safe over there soldier!
Thanks for all that you do and serving our country!

Now back to tunes.

87 perf custom
87 tow custom
93 perf custom

Those are all good choices.
Your wife will deserve a big thank you from you when you get back state side.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 07:01 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I'll add my thanks to you, and your Wife too, Jordan. "Check six", as we used to say in my Air Force days.

Do you have any idea what the boat-trailer combination you pull weighs? If it's no more than 2500#, I would not bother with a tow tune. Just get the other two and you could pull the trailer with either one.

- Jack
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 07:32 PM
?????

Jordanp252 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys!! Yeah owe alot to the wife holding down the fort with a 20 month old and a full time job, and also putting up with me wanting to get someting done differnet to my truck everyday sending her 150 links to look at of differnt MODS,

Just looking at the website i rent the boats from the pantoon boat weighs 3000 lbs all the other ones are 2000 and under, I may pull the pantonn 45 minutes up the road to the lake. I think i will go with tow tune just to safe.
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 07:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Looks like a good decision.

And, people really don't know the strain deployments have on families unless they've been there. Sounds like your Wife has the "right stuff".

- Jack
Old Sun, July 19th, 2009, 11:36 PM
?????

Just picked up a Gryphon used but pretty new over on F150online.com for $300.00 I didnt think it was too bad of a deal only had stock tunes in it and it is on 0, come with pod, cable and all. The guy was tried of waiting for custom tunes and said he was going a different route with his truck. But I got 2 months before i can even drive it, So now going to put in order for some custom tunes
Old Mon, July 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM
PHP Groupie

Good, Jordan. Please put all your "personal" information into the UserCP and make sure Core and Bill have both your unit's Serial Number (S/N) and the vehicle's hex code. If your Wife has any questions on how to get this information, she can PM me through your account here.

- Jack
Old Sat, July 25th, 2009, 02:11 AM
?????

Well wife got the Gryphon today, truck is still at the shop so she droped the gryphon off to get installed, she said guy looked at it like like ????? When she told him it was a custom modified Edge he was like ohhhh okay i got ya, but he's installing it for me, said he puts edge in all the time. I told him it was the same setup (I hope so) But I need to know, 1) Where is the Hex code located and 2) the serial number is on the Programmer its self. Thanks for all the help!
Old Sat, July 25th, 2009, 08:28 AM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanp252 View Post
Well wife got the Gryphon today, truck is still at the shop so she droped the gryphon off to get installed, she said guy looked at it like like ????? When she told him it was a custom modified Edge he was like ohhhh okay i got ya, but he's installing it for me, said he puts edge in all the time. I told him it was the same setup (I hope so) But I need to know, 1) Where is the Hex code located and 2) the serial number is on the Programmer its self. Thanks for all the help!
Once the unit is installed, your Wife can click on the Menu button, then scroll to and hit the Enter button on "Diagnostics", then hit Enter again on "Tech Support" and keep hitting Enter now to get to the screen with the Serial number and other data. Hit Enter again and you'll see the screen with the Hex code. Then, hit the Menu button until you're back at the normal display.

The ignition is ON when you do this, but the engine can be off. Tell her she won't hurt anything doing this, even if she makes a mistake. If she gets lost, just hit Menu till you back out to the normal display.

- Jack
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 04:41 PM
?????

So finally got my truck back the guy at the shop installed it and said the Gryphon read Error code 8. Any ideals?
Gryphon Programmer
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 06:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanp252 View Post
So finally got my truck back the guy at the shop installed it and said the Gryphon read Error code 8. Any ideals?
Jordan, no idea at all. I've never heard of Error code 8. I'm going to take a wild guess that the guy at the shop doesn't know what he's doing.

Your truck runs, I guess, or your Wife would not have gotten it home, right?

Is the Gryphon currently plugged in to the truck? If so, when she turns the ignition ON, does the screen light up? If it does, what does she see?

Once we have answers to these questions, we might be able to progress.

I'm going to try to bring Bill into this too, so don't give up on us.

- Jack