Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 11:19 PM
?????

Jordanp252 is on a distinguished road

Yeah im not sure what he was talking about when he dropped the truck off i told my wife to send me a pic of gryphon, it was on level 3, so i called him and asked if he put a higher octance in it and he said no, but he had a error code 8? I had my wife turn the gyp back to 0 until i could figure out what he was talking about, but the truck runs fine, what can i do to get it to show that code again. If I have here unplug it and plug it back in> Thanks!
Gryphon Programmer
Old Tue, August 11th, 2009, 11:25 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I don't even know what an error code 8 is! The first unit error code is 0x11.

Do you think your wife would be comfortable installing it with me on the phone or is it something you'd prefer to either wait or have a shop handle with me on the phone?

What baffles me is that it was in level 3 so the vehicle obviously programmed ok, so when did the "Error 8" occur?

Let me know how I can help.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 08:33 AM
?????

Yeah I dont think the guy knew what he was talking about? He is a dealer of Edge, he said he called Customer support for edge but they wouldnt help him. I tried to tell him it was re programmed. But is it fine if my wife runs in on level 1 without changing the gear/tire setting? Im going to have her unplug it and re plug it in to see what it says. Will respond back with info.
Gryphon Programmer
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 08:52 AM
?????

She unplugged it and plugged it back in, it said "ECM not found" then it went to the main menu screen. Is that good or bad?
Gryphon Programmer
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 09:42 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Jordan, was the ignition ON when she unplugged it and plugged it back in? It needs to be. This actually sounds to me like the Gryphon could be set to a different tune level than the truck. I know Bill can get them back together again.

Jordan, I would advise against having the tech do any more work with the Gryphon. And, It's awkward to be getting information from your Wife through you (secondhand). Bill is a VERY easy guy to talk to and I KNOW he can talk your Wife through any fixes needed. I'd take him up on that offer.

You might even have your Wife post here under your Screenname. We don't get upset over things like that. It's possible if we were able to communicate directly with the "operator" of the truck, things could get straightened out.

- Jack
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 10:23 AM
?????

That sounds good, When would be the best time to have my wife give hte company a call?
Gryphon Programmer
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 08:28 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

She's Central time, they're Eastern - one hour time difference. Here's a copy of their office hours: 12PM-9PM Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday; 12PM-4PM Tuesday and Friday Phone: 678-963-9913

So, after 11:00AM her time? But, PHP's phones are VERY busy. It MAY take a few tries to get through.

And, they close to phone calls during the third week of each month so that Bill can get caught up in his tuning.

She could try PMing Groovy Chick or Power Hungry too.

- Jack
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 10:55 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I was out of the office all day today (Wednesday) but will be around tomorrow. She can give us a call any time after 12:00 noon or if it's easier, PM me the number and a convenient time and we'll be happy to give her a shout and walk through everything.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, September 15th, 2009, 06:00 AM
?????

Just got back from iraq and was playing with the gryphon and it is AMAZING, im not sure why it was saying ECM not found but I drove it home from the airport and it was a little slugish. We stoped to eat and after that i put it on level 1 and wow you could really tell the difference, I cant wait to get some custom tunes now.
Gryphon Programmer
Old Tue, September 15th, 2009, 10:44 AM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanp252 View Post
Just got back from iraq and was playing with the gryphon and it is AMAZING, im not sure why it was saying ECM not found but I drove it home from the airport and it was a little slugish. We stoped to eat and after that i put it on level 1 and wow you could really tell the difference, I cant wait to get some custom tunes now.
Great! Glad you're back safe and sound!

Remember, it's your Wife you want to pay attention to now, not your truck!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer