Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 06:14 PM
mad cow member

Rustler is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon / pod questions

Just received my Gryphon I have several questions.

Yes I did use "search" didn't find much relating to my questions.

My pod doesn't come close to fitting the area above the A/C vent so quite a bit of trimming / fine tuning will be in order.
1. Is this common?
2. How did you get your pod to fit correctly?
3. Where do you install the velcro and L bracket?
4. What is the short lead 4 prong connector on the supplied cable near the OBD connection for?

I have about 30 more but I'll wait till I get more familiar with it.

Any suggestions? TIA ...R

dang no EOT?
Bill, got fuel7? :lookaround1:
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

First, what year model is it? Mine didnt have any velcro or brackets, just had plastic molding that went around the plastic above the A/C. Should look like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images[4].jpg (2.4 KB, 27 views)
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
mad cow member

It is a 2007 F 150, the velcro and the L bracket were in a little baggie not on the pod itself.
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
Forum Predator

I probably got one but havent used it. Did your come with a big plastic thing to hold the programmer?
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
Just received my Gryphon I have several questions.

Yes I did use "search" didn't find much relating to my questions.

My pod doesn't come close to fitting the area above the A/C vent so quite a bit of trimming / fine tuning will be in order.
1. Is this common? No. Please take a look at the picture in the post above or on our website to make sure you received the correct pod -- could have sent you the wrong one by mistake... or take a picture and post it, and I can tell you right away!
2. How did you get your pod to fit correctly? See #1
3. Where do you install the velcro and L bracket? Most people don't even use the velcro and brackets, as the cable seems to hold it all nicely in place.
4. What is the short lead 4 prong connector on the supplied cable near the OBD connection for? Edge uses the same cable for multiple vehicles. Diesels use the pigtail for their pyrometers. You can just ignore it.

I have about 30 more but I'll wait till I get more familiar with it. No worries. That's what we're here for!

Any suggestions? TIA ...R

dang no EOT?
Bill, got fuel7? :lookaround1:
See answers in red.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
mad cow member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot270 View Post
I probably got one but havent used it. Did your come with a big plastic thing to hold the programmer?
Yes mine came with the mounting pod. That's what doesn't fit.
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Forum Predator

I'd measure it with a tape measure to make sure its the right size, I know that mine is kind of hard to get on, you just gotta push down until it slide/clicks into place.
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
mad cow member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
See answers in red.
Ive seen several pictures of them mine looks similar but is about 1/8" too wide in front where it meets the ac vent area. Also when i first tried to install it it sat 3/8" high on the front inside edge, the outward side was flush. The top outside of the pod hits the pillar before it sits in what the pictures show as the correct location.
Nothing holds it on, if I accelerate quickly or drive on a rough / bumpy road it falls off. Which is concerning because it has scratched through the color finish in a small area of the dash.

So what I'm saying is I'm almost positive its the right pod maybe this one is warped or was missed in QC. The pod I had with the edge unit I returned popped right into place and stayed there it didn't hit the pillar.

Thanks for the responses!
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Rustler, your pod should be a "flint grey" color that matches the majority of the late model F150s. Is this the case?

If so, it should just kind of "snap down onto the part of the dash to the left of the gauges. I didn't need any kind of help from "velcro" or anything to hold it in place. I've attached a picture of mine (in action).

I tossed the velcro and aluminum L-bracket away. I didn't see how I could use them and I didn't need them.

- Jack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gryphon1.jpg (40.9 KB, 19 views)

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
mad cow member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Rustler, your pod should be a "flint grey" color that matches the majority of the late model F150s. Is this the case?

If so, it should just kind of "snap down onto the part of the dash to the left of the gauges. I didn't need any kind of help from "velcro" or anything to hold it in place. I've attached a picture of mine (in action).

I tossed the velcro and aluminum L-bracket away. I didn't see how I could use them and I didn't need them.

- Jack
YEP, it kinda matches the flint gray. It looks very similar to your picture and all the others Ive seen.

I took pictures but have no way to post them.

I do appreciate everyone help but even if i used a 5lb sledge hammer this things not gonna pop into anything, it hits the pillar before it gets near the correct location seems warped and is too wide. It looks identical to my neighbors edge pod which i installed, it looks similar to the edge pod I installed on this truck then removed and returned.