Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
mad cow member

Rustler is on a distinguished road
Default pictures added

Hope this works

http://rides.webshots.com/album/573874837utagCP
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I had a little bit of trouble with mine being really tight. I put the wire through and snug it up to the post, push the front part(gryphon side) in and go around to the steering wheel side. I pulled on the peice above the gauges to give it some space between that and the smoother plastic then work that side in before finishing up with the back(windshield side). I dont think that the part against the post is in all the way but since I dont see it while driving it doesnt bother me any.
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 11:18 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
The pictures worked.

That's really weird! Yours definitely is not shaped right. The wood-grain panel doesn't help the look either, does it? Wish Ford could standardize this part of the dash.

I have to guess the pod is defective. Could you measure the width of the dash where the pod fits in front? My pod opening and the dash width there is about exactly 5 1/2 inches across.

- Jack
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 08:18 AM
mad cow member

That's whats odd Jack, the outside edge of the pod where it meets the side panel and above the wood grain panel sits flush and blends nicely. Its the inside towards the OE gauge cluster hump that's all outa whack.
Yes i have studied / measured the wood grain panel it is 100% true, plum and correct.
I will never own another truck with the wood grain crap in it, too dang hard / time consuming to take care of it.

My dash where the pod fits in front is exactly 5 9/16" wide.
The pod measured in the exact spot as above is exactly 5 23/32 wide.
Both measured outside to outside edge.

Thanks for the help.
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 10:22 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
That's whats odd Jack, the outside edge of the pod where it meets the side panel and above the wood grain panel sits flush and blends nicely. Its the inside towards the OE gauge cluster hump that's all outa whack.
Yes i have studied / measured the wood grain panel it is 100% true, plum and correct.
I will never own another truck with the wood grain crap in it, too dang hard / time consuming to take care of it.

My dash where the pod fits in front is exactly 5 9/16" wide.
The pod measured in the exact spot as above is exactly 5 23/32 wide.
Both measured outside to outside edge.

Thanks for the help.
OK, I was measuring the "inside" dimension of the pod and got 5 1.2"", which seemed to correspond to the point on the dash where it begins to curve away from "flat" (if I'm making any sense at all here)

Whatever, your 5 9/16" outside to outside tells me our dash dimensions are identical. Your pod is clearly misshapen in my opinion. I'm sure Corey will be happy to send you another one. I'll try to make sure she sees this thread again.

I'm with you on the fake "wood grain" crap. I've got it in the center of my panel (where the radio and A/C sit). To me, it just looks "cheap".

- Jack
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Supermoto Junkie

teeroy is on a distinguished road

mine didnt fit exactly out the gate at first but after some trimming it fits perfect now. from the looks of yours it seems like your wood trim is interfering with it. id say bust out the dremmel and trim the front and right sides of the panels where it meets with your dash.
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hey rustler, I'm going to have Bill give Edge a shout and see if there are any vehicles with which they've had problems. The pods are hard plastic, and they way they're stacked together in our office, they wouldn't fit together if one was way out of whack. I'm just wondering if there are certain vehicles or interiors where the pods don't fit exactly because something just seems weird -- nothing you did! -- just weird. I'll give you a shout as soon as I know something! I

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 04:04 PM
mad cow member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeroy View Post
mine didnt fit exactly out the gate at first but after some trimming it fits perfect now. from the looks of yours it seems like your wood trim is interfering with it. id say bust out the dremmel and trim the front and right sides of the panels where it meets with your dash.
Thanks for the suggestion, the pod isn't touching the wood grain piece at all.
The pod will not move into the correct position due to hitting the pillar. Even if I cut 3/8" off the outboard side and top of the pod to get it to clear the pillar it still wouldn't fit flush in the front lower right corner or along the dash.
I deal with things that are measured in thousandths of an inch every day. Believe it or not I know how to measure stuff and make things fit correctly.
If I get the go ahead from PHP I will start trimming on it, problem is what if I make it worse.

This am I took the edge pod from my neighbors truck it popped right in place just like the edge pod I had at one time did. It fit flush, looked just like the picture of Jacks.
When I set it on a table beside my neighbors edge pod this pod is obviously misshaped or warped.

I've repeated myself a couple of times but just incase it was missed. I bought and returned an edge with a pod about a month ago, that pod fit correctly, snapped right into place.

I haven't had a chance to contact Corey at all on this very slight issue, in no way am I complaining.

I just saw Corey's post, Thank you.
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 04:10 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

As near as I can tell, it's the wood-grain panel causing an odd shift in the location of the front of the pod. It looks like it's lifting the front which causes it to hit the pillar and that is shifting the location of everything else. I can't recall ever seeing an installation with the wood-grain kit so I can't make any judgment as to whether or not that is actually the problem or not.

With that said, the pod is fairly flexible and can handle a bit of twisting in order to get it into place. I'm just concerned about the location of the pillar and how it's pushing against the corner of the pod. There's usually a reasonable amount of space between the pod and pillar but again, I am not sure if it's the wood-grain that's interfering.

You wouldn't happen to have a neighbor or a friend with an F150 close by that you can try fitting the pod on do you? If it is a problem with the pod then we'd certainly be happy to replace it for you. I'd just hat to send another one and end up with the same problem.

Let me know how we can help.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 04:27 PM
PHP Groupie

Uh, Bill - did you read Rustler's post right above yours? He HAS compared his pod with a neighbors and they're different. His neighbors pod fit his truck, but his is distorted (and from his pictures, is too wide across the front).

- Jack