Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, August 9th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Cowdog

Down N Dirty is on a distinguished road
New tune.....new truck!!!

Well, after being caught up in the PHP e-mail debacle of 2009, one that I'm sure will go down in automotive history, I finally received my custom tune.

You see, after being very patient, and waiting about 3 months I finally contacted Corey to check up on my tune. Low and behold it was on the server and ready for me to down load. The real kicker is that it had been there sense MAY!!!!! Apparently Corey's e-mail had never made it to me.

The moral to the story is to be patient, be polite, and check in every so often to see how your tunes are going. The reality is I actually received very fast service, as my tune was ready in 2 weeks, the other reality is that electronic communication is far from perfect.

Anyway, it was like having a new truck when I originally installed my Gryphon and set it to level 2, now I have re-lived the experience of having a new truck again after installing my new custom 87 octane tune. Bill, either you're that good, or Ford is that bad. Sorry Bill, I couldn't resist. Bill obviously knows what he's doing, and does it very well. I have much better performance, and a sold 1.5 MPG increase. Thank you Bill and Corey for all the hard work and effort you put into PHP, and allowing me to be a part of the Power Hungry Performance team.

2006 F150 SuperCrew 4X4, 5.4 - Dark Stone over Arizona Beige
Gryphon / Amsoil drop in / custom "snorkel" mod / Carriage Works grill
Leveled by dropping the rear 2" / 18" Lincoln Navigator wheels, Michelin AT's

Retro Solutions H.I.D head lights, and fog lights. CGS Motor Sports exhaust
http://thecowdog.com
Old Sun, August 9th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Glad you got everything and enjoying the truck...

Im usually not a fan of a cap on a truck.....but your truck looks very nice.
Old Sun, August 9th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Cowdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBFX4 View Post
Im usually not a fan of a cap on a truck.....but your truck looks very nice.
Thanks JWB. I use my truck to transport dogs, so the cap works really well for that. There are times I wish it wasn't on there, but all in all it works out well. That's why I leveled the truck by lowering the rear, it makes dealing with the dogs easier.

Old Sun, August 9th, 2009, 11:09 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for being patient!
It makes our job easier!
Glad that everything worked out!
Great look'n ride!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Cowdog

Not a problem Lars. I have a business much like Bill and Corey's and understand what they go through on a daily basis. We live in a fast paced world where so many people expect quick answers, and "instant gratification". I think the internet has both helped and hurt what we all expect out of other people. My advise to those who have a hard time with patience is to detail your truck, and spend some time reading the ford workshop manuals for your particular vehicle. You'll look sharper, be smarter, and before you know it you'll be rumbling down the street in a custom tuned, good looking truck, with a smile on your face. Thank god these things have windshields or we would all be picking bugs out of our teeth.

PS, both you and Jack do a fantastic job of fielding questions and providing answers to the masses. The people on this list are lucky to have both of you here.

Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Bacon King

Sburn will become famous soon enoughSburn will become famous soon enough

Down N Dirty,

Good looking truck. Like you, I'm partial to the Mark-LT wheels. I've got a set sitting in the garage that I got for dirt cheap and plan to have them powder-coated black.

Question: What size tires did you end up installing and how do you like them? You picture looks like they are about 275's ?

Any issues with the drop shackles? Love my truck, but they are very tall at the rear. I can see why the fold-out step is an option on the 2009's.

Thanks.

Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Cowdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sburn View Post
Down N Dirty,

Good looking truck. Like you, I'm partial to the Mark-LT wheels. I've got a set sitting in the garage that I got for dirt cheap and plan to have them powder-coated black.

Question: What size tires did you end up installing and how do you like them? You picture looks like they are about 275's ?

Any issues with the drop shackles? Love my truck, but they are very tall at the rear. I can see why the fold-out step is an option on the 2009's
Nice choice on wheels. I bet they will look real nice when you get them painted, be sure and put up a picture when you get them done. I love these wheels, their almost a KR, but have the grooves cut in the spokes.

Actually the tires on there now are Michelin 255/70-18. The same height as a 275/65, but a little narrower. I'm getting ready to put some new tires on and will be going to 275/65, or 285/65, just not sure which ones yet......price will definitely play a part in my choice.

I did not use a drop shackle to lower the rear, I simply removed the stock 4X4 block between the axle and springs, and replaced the u-bolts with stock 2X4 u-bolts. It's a very clean and easy way of dropping the rear of a 4X4.

Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Bacon King

Sburn will become famous soon enoughSburn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down N Dirty View Post
Nice choice on wheels. I bet they will look real nice when you get them painted, be sure and put up a picture when you get them done. I love these wheels, their almost a KR, but have the grooves cut in the spokes..
Yes, almost exactly a KR wheel, but much easier and cheaper to find. Seems like everybody who got a Mark-LT or Navigator ditched the stock wheels and went to blingy 23-inchers, leaving lots of these wheels on the second-hand market.

My thought was to powder coat the wheels in gloss black and leave the Lincoln center caps the original color.

Quote:
Actually the tires on there now are Michelin 255/70-18. The same height as a 275/65, but a little narrower. I'm getting ready to put some new tires on and will be going to 275/65, or 285/65, just not sure which ones yet......price will definitely play a part in my choice.
Yeah, I priced out the Michelin 275's to fit. They are not cheap. Haven't bought them yet. Still noodling... I just know the stock 17" Hankooks really need to go.

Quote:
I did not use a drop shackle to lower the rear, I simply removed the stock 4X4 block between the axle and springs, and replaced the u-bolts with stock 2X4 u-bolts. It's a very clean and easy way of dropping the rear of a 4X4.
In spite of the tow hooks on the front of mine, it's a 2wd, so no blocks to take out.

Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

How exactly are you checking for the tunes? So far everytime I pulg my gryphon into my computer for anything besides changing splash screens, it ends up not working and I have to completely reset it.
Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Cowdog

Your right man, people dump these wheels like they were stock steel wheels.....and I love them. Sounds like you do too, so their lose is our gain.

I look forward to seeing pics when you get them on.