Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Chris

buzzfx4 is on a distinguished road
NEED HELP FAST

I'm thinking this is all ready going to be bad but hears the problem. I went and plugged my gryphon to the computer so that i could change to the plash screen. (I folwed all the steps of setting the power levels back to stock) The programer went straight to an all red screen not the green screen the last time I plugged it in and did the down load for my custom tunes. The screen doesn't change for red ever and when I run pegasus with the programer plugged in the serial # and none of my truck info come up. I unplugged the programer and put it back in the truck, not fearing anything went wrong because I never did any down loads or update to it. When I got it back into the truck and all set up and went to set the power level back to me my custom 87 tune , none of my tunes were there. It showed the out of the box EDGE tunes. I'm freaking out right now becasue I pulled the programer out of the truck and plugged back into the computer and now the computer wont even read the programer being pluged in as in hardware. I don't want to uninstall pegasus hopping my custom tunes are still saved in a file in the program on my computer.

I can only guess that my tunes are lost and hopping the programer isn't messed up.

Help Please.
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
Whopper

08F150 is on a distinguished road

Don't worry I'm sure Bill will get you fixed up. As far as the files they would be at Bill's end on his server so don't worry about uninstalling the program and reinstalling it.
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 05:24 PM
Whopper

Maybe try reinstalling pegasus and plug your controller in and go to targeted funtions and see if you can dl you custom tunes.
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 05:34 PM
Chris

OK...I"m going to down grade the size of my asking for help to a little face holding a little help sign....I through the programer back into the truck as a last ditch effort in trying to figure things out on my little knowledge of software and hardware interface. I did what I should have done in the first place and took a deep breath and I realized that my custom tunes where there and safe. 13 hours of work and a shot adrenaline and fear of losing my custom tunes really shocks the mind. Reading thing slowly helps a lot. If you want to call me names, go ahead I deserve it.

But I still have the problem with the the programer interface with the home computer and Pegasus software. Any suggestion will be great. This might be something that bill might need to jump in on.

Thank you.
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Chris

08f150 thanks for the suggestion.
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Whopper

Glad to hear all is ok with the tunes. As far as the computer issue post what operating system you are using on your pc and I'm sure someone here can help you get it figured out. Also make sure you have the latest version of pegasus installed.
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Chris

Its an old PC running windows XP professional.
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Just to give you some more relief. Your tune file is totally stored on a server not your computer. The pegasus software you run on your computer communicates with the server.
Got me stumped on why the screen was red. If your computer/pegasus wasn't even acknowledging the gryphom I definatly look at the cable and connecter ports and see if any of the connectors are bent, broken, or something else?
If you have another mini usb cable from a camera you could try that also. It would hurt either to make sure you have the latest pegasus updates.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Whopper

Thats what I use and all I do is plug in my gryphon and run pegasus and it detects it right away. Be sure you are using the cable that came with your controller because if you use a diffrent one it may fit into the connector on your controller but it may not work properly. It has happened to me many times using different devices. My camera usb cable looks the same and plugs into my controller but it will not work.
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Chris

To bad for me but the USB ports are working good and I am using the cable that came with the programmer. Also, there nothing wrong with the cable.