Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

So where are we at this point, Chris?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, October 23rd, 2009, 01:14 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

In the lower left corner of the Pegasus screen are you seeing "Connected - Type 3" or "Disconnected"? If "Disconnected" is being displayed, this means there is an issue with the USB driver. A few questions...

When was the last time you rebooted? This happens to me and a reboot will usually cure it.
Did you install any USB hardware devices since you installed Pegasus? Camera? Printer?
Are you signed on as a different user?
Have you tried switching to another USB port?

These issues are usually quite easily handled. I'd definitely try rebooting first. From time to time my computer will lose track of the device and rebooting clears out the device stack and the registry.

Let me know if you still have any problems.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, October 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Chris

buzzfx4 is on a distinguished road

The computer gets shut down everynight and I haven't loaded anything new. I tried checking the USB ports, all 6 of them. I used a camera, phone, printer and to differnet extrenal hard drive. The computer reads all of them as new hardware ever time I pluged them in. Is it possible that the drivers for the programers USB connect got corrupt ether in the programmer it self or on the computer side?
Old Fri, October 23rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Buzz - I'm not sure I'm following exactly what's wrong, so, pretend I'm a slow learner and you have to teach me, OK?

The Gryphon seems to function normally in your truck now, is that correct?

But when you plug it into your PC, with Pegasus running, that's where things go bad?

Do you see the "Connected" word in the status bar in the right lower corner of Pegasus with the Gryphon connected?

And, the Gryphon itself shows the digit "0" in the upper right corner of it's screen, right?

If the answers to all of the above are "yes, stupid", then what exactly is it that you're seeing on the screen?

And if the answers to any of the above are "no, you idiot", then, I think Bill will have to help you.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, October 23rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Are you getting pegasus going before you plug in the programmer? I had an issue like this with a camera or something a long time ago where the computer was not communicating.
EVERY time I plug my gryphon in the screen starts out red. It doesn't turn green until pegasus is running and has established communication. Also which pegasus version do you have? I was one of the 'problem children' when it came to pegasus, nothing but splash screens would work for me and it took over a month to get everything ironed out.

Haha. Im just a magnet for computer problems.
Old Sat, October 24th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Chris

The programer works perfect while in the truck. When I go to hook it up to the home computer is where the problem is. Before leaving the truck I set it back to stock. Unplug it. Bring it inside. Turn the computer on. Start running Pegasus. Once Pegasus is open I plug the programer in the USB pot of the computer. This is where the problem is. I don't get a connected indication in the lower left of the Pegasus window and the programer screen and buttons stay red never changing.

I have test all the USB ports on the computer. Ever device I plug in works except the truck programer.

It's almost like the truck programer was never ejected for computer right and it thinks it's still connected. But I have never heard of having to use the safe ejection option lik when unpluging an exterenl harddrive.

And I am using the USB cable that came with the programer. I bet it's possible that the cable went crapy. I think I'm going pick up an new one and determine if that's the problem child, but thinking it's not going to be.

How can I tell which USB cable is compatible with the truck programer, so i buy the right new cable to test?

Thanks everyone so far with the help.
Old Sun, October 25th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Well the programmer uses a regular USB-miniUSB cord that is on just about everything I've seen. The only thing that matters is that each end of the cable plugs into what it should. My original cable is still wrapped up pretty in one my truck bins in case I need it on the road. I've just been using other ones I had laying around. Try starting pegasus after you plug in the gryphon.
Old Sun, October 25th, 2009, 04:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzfx4 View Post
The programer works perfect while in the truck. When I go to hook it up to the home computer is where the problem is. Before leaving the truck I set it back to stock. Unplug it. Bring it inside. Turn the computer on. Start running Pegasus. Once Pegasus is open I plug the programer in the USB pot of the computer. This is where the problem is. I don't get a connected indication in the lower left of the Pegasus window and the programer screen and buttons stay red never changing.

I have test all the USB ports on the computer. Ever device I plug in works except the truck programer.

It's almost like the truck programer was never ejected for computer right and it thinks it's still connected. But I have never heard of having to use the safe ejection option lik when unpluging an exterenl harddrive.

And I am using the USB cable that came with the programer. I bet it's possible that the cable went crapy. I think I'm going pick up an new one and determine if that's the problem child, but thinking it's not going to be.

How can I tell which USB cable is compatible with the truck programer, so i buy the right new cable to test?

Thanks everyone so far with the help.
Can you simply test your USB cable on some other device, like a camera? If it works then, it's not bad. And, I doubt seriously the USB cable is to blame. Possibly, the USB input socket in your Gryphon is faulty though. Since other devices work when plugged into your PC's USB ports, you know they're OK.

If you aren't seeing "connected", then there is something in the USB circuit that's at fault I think. I fried a USB card once when I plugged a device into it and a static spark jumped at the plug, so those input/output ports can go dead.

- Jack
Old Sun, October 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Question

Did the drivers get loaded?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, October 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Chris

So I tested the original cable that I got with my programer on another device and it worked. So the cable being the problem is X.

The drivers should have all loaded because I used pegasus to down load and upload my custom tunes to the programer about a month ago. Is it possible that one of the drives got corrupt?

I'm thinking I might uninstall Pegasus and then reinstall it. Is this a good idea? Is there anything I should know with regards to trying to snyc a all ready registered/customised programer with a newer down loaded of the pegasus software?