Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, January 9th, 2010, 07:17 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticmike View Post
no i have changed any options at all. I must say i only tromped on the throttle that hard i think only twice to try it out, and just glancing at the tach i noted the rpm at about 6k... the shift occurred before that already so yes the shift closer to 5k . Sorry for the poor explanation. Dont like to study the guages too close at those speeds

the fan.. throttle response improved as did milage. I did the fan about 4 mnths ago. Its an Ford OEM fan, same one used in Lincoln MK 8. I removed the ugly clutch fan then the plastic shroud, and bolted my fan directly into the mouth of the shroud then dropped the whole rig back it. I had to make a 2 inch spacer ring to allow fitment. It looks totally oem, you cant even see the new fan at all as it hides within the shroud. These fans are better than troyers, more capacity, and have a loyal following within rockcrawler clubs, mustangs and other. The controller i used is from a an outfit called DC Controls. Expensive, but again.. you get what you pay for.
Excellent, Mike!

I wish you had taken pictures of the process when you installed the fan. This sounds like it would be an exceptional "How To" thread.

And, you might want to submit your "testimony" to PHP for their website? I think it's a damned good writeup.

- Jack