Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, April 3rd, 2010, 02:42 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I dont remember the original setting, i think i just bumped it up .1 for the WOT. but after not touching that and changing the timing for the gas i think 2 degrees like the manual said (.5 for every octane rating) the idle wandered. The first time I adjusted it i changed the tire size and timing, the second time loading it i just hit the previous settings spot and then loaded the tune and it ran fine. but yeah I think I will just leave it how it is right now since I am not having any problems with it. I think the last time I loaded a program i just changed the tire size, but im not sure. I think in the morning I will just reload the setting with no changes at all just to make sure nothing happens in the future. and with the tire size I think the speedo is now farther off than when it was, and I used numbers given in the manual for my tire size. oh well lol...

Thanks for all the advise and help
Old Sat, April 3rd, 2010, 11:10 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

We have an online tire size calculator now. It's here: Power Hungry Performance Forum - FAQ: Utilities

Just enter your tire information and leave the "squish value" at 7. Hit "calculate" and it should give a very close number to your actual tire size, adjusted properly for "squish".

- Jack
Old Sun, April 4th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Grown-up in training!

for some reason the page isnt working... but im not too worried about it, I towed a small trailer yesterday and even though i thought that it wasnt necessary i changed it to a tow program without any customization, then when i was done i changed it back to the 93 perf tune and both times i didnt have any trouble, and actually right now the speedo matches what the GPS says for most of the time , so I guess i will just load what is there unless i need to make a big change , thanks for all the help

But now I do have another problem, not related to the gryphon. I think my heater core has a leak because I am getting a strong smell of antifreeze and my windows are fogging up with some substance. The same thing happened in my 1986 F-150 and I just replaced it, took an hourish. but with this one im looking at my only resource, a haynes manual, and It looks like i have to take almost the entire dashboard off so yeah... if anyone knows of a better way that wont be so annoying or that wont cost me $700 in labor at a shop (Yeah i asked to see what they could do :/) please let me know! thanks!
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Grown-up in training!

so during the process of removing my dashboard to fix my heater core I realized that it was a lot of work, and since my truck has 150000 miles that i would be doing more work like it in the future, that i would see if i could sell it, so i went to a dealer that ive been to before and they seemed trustworthy, so i asked, and they appraised my truck and after negotiating i got them to give me $10,000 for my truck!!! that is $1000 more than what i paid for it! I bought a 2005 F-150 with the 5.4 3V, extended cab, 6.5' bed, hitch, and a few other things!
ok so now i have a few questions, I already programmed my truck to stock and removed my gryphon, so what do i need to do to get it to fit on my new truck? I am guessing that I need to send it in or something and get it updated, and probably a new cable. let me know what options i have for that thanks ill post some pics too!
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 07:39 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats on the new/used truck!
What you'll need to do is get the other cable.
Cables can be purchased from either Edge or PHP.
After that goto pegasus and update the gryphon, which will wipe out your custom tunes for the old truck and allow you to use canned tunes while you wait for new custom tunes. Then you need to get the truck's Hex code and email an order form.
Hope this helps.

Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 08:31 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Forgot to add in that the dash pod will also be switched.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Grown-up in training!

thanks! i knew about the dash pod, and i was hoping it was just a cable switch! , and yeah im gonna wait on the custom tunes until i customize something, i am going to do the gotts mod equivalent to start out but that doesnt need any customizing according to what i have seen, And then i might do something else, but nothing too big for a long time :/
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 12:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
thanks! i knew about the dash pod, and i was hoping it was just a cable switch! , and yeah im gonna wait on the custom tunes until i customize something, i am going to do the gotts mod equivalent to start out but that doesnt need any customizing according to what i have seen, And then i might do something else, but nothing too big for a long time :/
I'm pretty sure you can make your old pod work, if you want to delay changing it. My unit was originally an Edge and it came with the old style pod. It worked ok until I found out about the new pods and got one of those.

- Jack
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Grown-up in training!

yeah that sounds cheaper than getting a new one , how did you make it work? anything special or just jury-rigged it in there? how much is the new cable going to cost? any idea?
Old Thu, April 8th, 2010, 03:21 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
yeah that sounds cheaper than getting a new one , how did you make it work? anything special or just jury-rigged it in there? how much is the new cable going to cost? any idea?
No ideas on the cable. In my case, the old style pod just sat on the dash without even being held there at all. The rigidity of the cable was enough to hold things in place well enough. I finally decided I wanted it to sit just a bit higher on the dash though, so I used some "heavy duty" double stick tape under the back edge of the pod - where it "flattens out" to match the dash.

- Jack