Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, March 5th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Big Burger

Unleashedford is on a distinguished road
Default woah wth

i just installed my gryphon and i have it a few days to average my MPG but its at 12-13, anyone might know why its so bad? should the intake, exhuast and gryphon help the mpg?!
Old Fri, March 5th, 2010, 10:28 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashedford View Post
i just installed my gryphon and i have it a few days to average my MPG but its at 12-13, anyone might know why its so bad? should the intake, exhuast and gryphon help the mpg?!
Winter blend fuel.
Level 2 runs richer.
Give it 4 tanks to get the correct average.

Please read my sig and do as requested then maybe you might get more direct answers.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, March 6th, 2010, 12:20 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Winter blend fuel.
Level 2 runs richer.
Give it 4 tanks to get the correct average.

Please read my sig and do as requested then maybe you might get more direct answers.
And, I wouldn't put too much stock in the Gryphon's Fuel Econ display. Make sure your odometer is recording the distance correctly and calculate your mileage the old fashioned way at each fillup. The Gryphon display will give you "trend" information though.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer

Last edited by Jackpine; Mon, March 8th, 2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Typo correction
Old Sat, March 6th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Big Burger

yeah i heard what happened and i am very sorry and my prayers be with her,

but i was just wondering if anyone would know why it would do that, im on my third tank with the gryphon

its
2004 xlt 5.4 triton supercrew, and its still showing 12-13 mpg
Old Sat, March 6th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Its probably just the kind of driving your doing. Those are just a bit lower than my city average. I usually get about 13 because of stop and go traffic. Do you have any other mods like heavier tires? Also what is your stock gear ratio? You could try going into the custom options menu and lower the 3rd and 4th gear shifts and the 4th gear torque converter lock point (both lock and unlock). That might give you a small improvement. When I did that I got an extra mpg or two in the city.
Old Sat, March 6th, 2010, 10:51 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashedford View Post
yeah i heard what happened and i am very sorry and my prayers be with her,

but i was just wondering if anyone would know why it would do that, im on my third tank with the gryphon

its
2004 xlt 5.4 triton supercrew, and its still showing 12-13 mpg
You need to fill out the rest of your user cp!
Just your name is there.

That's about where my mpg's are right now with the winter blend crap gas.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, March 6th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I was out testing my new off road lights and I remembered the graphs I made two weeks ago that compared the IECON with various parameters from pedal position to mph. I found that I was getting better mileage with the RPMs a little higher than I did before but only if the resulting engine load was lower. Afterwards I adjusted my driving habits and my mileage has improved a tiny bit from smarter pedal control. For my truck keeping the RPMs between 1800 to 2200 unless I was cruising got the best mileage. For cruising you just want to be in the highest gear possible to keep the RPM low. I also have a 4.6L so that favorable RPM might be lower for the 5.4L considering it is a bigger engine and has more power.
Old Mon, March 8th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Big Burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Its probably just the kind of driving your doing. Those are just a bit lower than my city average. I usually get about 13 because of stop and go traffic. Do you have any other mods like heavier tires? Also what is your stock gear ratio? You could try going into the custom options menu and lower the 3rd and 4th gear shifts and the 4th gear torque converter lock point (both lock and unlock). That might give you a small improvement. When I did that I got an extra mpg or two in the city.
3.53? i think
Old Mon, March 8th, 2010, 06:09 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Here's a list of OEM rear axle codes. You can find the code for your truck on your driver's door sticker.
19 = 3.55 open
H9 = 3.55 LSD
26 = 3.73 open
B6 = 3.73 LSD
27 = 3.31 open
18 = 3.08 open
25 = 4.10 open
B5 = 4.10 LSD
- Jack
Old Mon, March 8th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Big Burger