Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, June 1st, 2010, 09:51 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I would have to agree with Jack about the cable -- AND the suggestion to switch levels now to ensure that there isn't a problem.

Again, please let me know if it acts up, Ranger.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, June 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Double Whopper

SDRANGER619 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
PHP would have to determine that, but if the problem continues, it probably IS a cable fault.

If things are working now, why don't you switch to the #2 tune now so you'll be ready for Friday? I'm planning to go on a trip with our trailer in a week, and I've already switched over to the towing tune. It's really a good all-around tune and I always like to make sure things are ok well in advance of starting out.

This way, even if you have to send in the OBD cable for replacement, the truck will be set up for the "demanding" usage. It can always be driven without having the Gryphon connected.

- Jack
Thanks Jack I think I will do that. I was under the impression I shouldn't run the tow tune and now be towing at that moment.

So just so I ensure I have the information correctly, I should continue to use the Gryphon like I usually do. Then after I do my towing and switch back to tune #1 should I send the cable to you guys to look at?
Old Tue, June 1st, 2010, 03:39 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRANGER619 View Post
Thanks Jack I think I will do that. I was under the impression I shouldn't run the tow tune and now be towing at that moment.

So just so I ensure I have the information correctly, I should continue to use the Gryphon like I usually do. Then after I do my towing and switch back to tune #1 should I send the cable to you guys to look at?
No, I think you will need an RMA# before you send your cable to PHP. I simply thought it would be good to switch to the tow tune now, while things are working so that it will be in place when you need it for towing. It won't hurt to use the tow tune when not towing but, depending on the weight you pull, using a performance tune when towing can be hard on the engine and transmission. So I'd get the tow tune installed while it's still possible.

Then, if the problem you've been seeing comes up again, just get the RMA# from PHP so you can send in the cable. There should be no need to change your tune.

Obviously, if things continue to function ok and you are done with towing, you'd change your tune back to tune# 1.

- Jack
Old Wed, June 23rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Double Whopper

Hey guys,

well I was able to switch my tune to the tow tune, now I can't switch back. Unit is stuck on "Connecting to bridge". I'm assuming this is related to the cable. Any ideas?
Old Wed, June 23rd, 2010, 10:00 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Does the truck run?
If it does then>>Leave it alone.
Call Bill@PHP.
That's my best advice.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, June 23rd, 2010, 10:18 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

If you unplug the cable form the OBDII port and reconnect (which I assume you're already doing), are you still getting the "Connecting to Bridge" error? This is nearly always an indication of a failed/failing PC board in the cable and will require replacement of the cable.

Out of curiosity, have you had any starting/battery issues recently? More often than not, the cable will fail after having to have the vehicle jumped or some other low voltage incident.

If the error persists, let me know (e-mail or phone) and we'll arrange to have the cable replaced.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, June 23rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Does the truck run?
If it does then>>Leave it alone.
Call Bill@PHP.
That's my best advice.
It runs fine, thank goodness I switched to the tow tune when I needed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
If you unplug the cable form the OBDII port and reconnect (which I assume you're already doing), are you still getting the "Connecting to Bridge" error? This is nearly always an indication of a failed/failing PC board in the cable and will require replacement of the cable.

Out of curiosity, have you had any starting/battery issues recently? More often than not, the cable will fail after having to have the vehicle jumped or some other low voltage incident.

If the error persists, let me know (e-mail or phone) and we'll arrange to have the cable replaced.

Take care.
Hi Bill,

I've done the reconnect thing and all I get the the bridge message. During my trouble shooting phase of this problems (thanks jack for the tips) I took my battery to the auto parts store to get checked and see if it was bad because of the voltage sensitivity of the cable, battery is a little over a year old and is working fine.

I will follow this up with an email.

Thanks!

GO PHP!
Old Thu, June 24th, 2010, 10:54 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Thanks for the update Edgar.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, December 2nd, 2010, 01:06 AM
Double Whopper

I've followed up with a couple emails and no response. Is there a better way to connect with PHP about this? I have a gryphon programmer in my truck that hasn't been on since the summer...

I will be needing to return to stock in the near future so this hopefully will be resolved soon.

Old Thu, December 2nd, 2010, 07:56 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Good grief! This issue is still not resolved?

I've posted a note to Bill in the Moderator's forum, but I want you to submit a "Support Ticket" here - Support Login

This is probably the BEST way to get an immediate response.

- Jack