Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:48 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

no run time at all...i got to work and shut off the truck and installed stock tune right away..checked for codes and then left it for the day...next morning installed 87 perf again. my codes came up as yours but bank 2 also. went really gutless...thought the fuel filter was gumming up kinda feeling. and would not rev over 3000 rpm.
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caforddude View Post
I have been running it since I got my custom tunes.

I looked back at my emails and it looks like you notified me on 01-04 about them being ready, so shortly after that.
No problems until today?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 10:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caforddude View Post
hmmm..That gives me hope of a computer glitch? simple fix... Did you run for any length of time on the stock program before going back to the 87 performance or just load them back to back?
OK, BOTH of you have pretty new trucks, still under warranty. And, you are having similar problems. Caforddude, I doubt NS ran it at stock for long, probably just long enough to "reboot", so to speak. I'd try that and see what happens.

Regardless, though, I don't like what you're both describing, and I don't have a fix. I doubt it's really a problem with the trucks, or the tunes, but some sort of unforeseen interaction/side effect of mixing the two. It happens in computer programming all the time and CAN be fixed, once the cause is found. It's usually something so simple it's hard to see.

I think Bill needs the exact code number to make sense of this. Can you provide it?

(One more thing for everyone: In engineering, if you don't have failures, you're not advancing and pushing the envelope. No one wants engineering to operate that way).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer

Last edited by Jackpine; Wed, February 11th, 2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Added thought about the role of failure in engineering
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road

Well I reprogramed it with the stock tune, ran it around the block and then programed my 87 performance back in.

Same issue, same code. Is it possible this is a tune related issue meaning a coding issue not that the tune ruined my truck or more then likely a component issue.

I think for the time being the best course of action for me is to program it back to stock and run it a bit and see if the same problem happenes. From there my logic would be: no problem, tune related..Problem mechanical related....

Agree? disagree?

At 32xxx miles I don't want to wait around to long to see if I need to get it to the dealership before the warranty expires

Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 10:25 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

What I really think is that Bill needs about five alter egos so he can jump in and help you figure out the problem.

I can't believe you'd have oil pressure problems on a new truck. And, if that were the case, the problem would not go away when you returned it to stock. Are you trying to adjust "Custom Options" when you set in a program?

If none of this applies, and if there are no problems running at Level 0, I have to believe the tune is causing the problem.

If you agree, I think you should call Bill ASAP.

- Jack
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Cali Gestapo!

The only "customizing" I have done with the tuner was to raise the speed limiter to 105 and adjust my tire size. I am going to program to stock in the morning and go from there. I'll keep ya posted.

Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

What is curious is that we've been doing minor camshaft timing adjustments since 2004 and we've never run into this problem before. Even more curious is that on trucks with CAIs, we don't do any camshaft timing adjustments because it seems to induce a little bit of droning.

I'll get a look back in the files and make sure we have no camshaft modifications. This should at least eliminate the possibility of that being the problem.

Question: Is there any specific point it sets the codes? During startup... Driving 40 MPH... Under hard acceleration? Anything you can provide will be helpful.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, February 14th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Cali Gestapo!

It does not hit when driving at speed. It hits after I have a driven a distance, short or small and then slow to pull into my garage or drive through a parking lot. It starts to run really rough like it is going to stall but does not quite stall.

I have also noticed it is a hard start now. Previously I would turn the key and fire right up after one crank and now it seems to take several cranks. It has never "not" started but I have been worried a time or two. I thought it is possible the battery was in need of replacing as it is 18 months old or so and with the extreme heat we have out here maybe it had gone dead but I am not so sure now. I was up in the mountains today and my truck got snow covered and sat in 24* weather for 6 hours and fired right up on the first try, so I think maybe the battery is ok.

My brother in law is a mechanic and said he thought he had heard of a TSB regarding this very issue so I am going to explore that avenue also.

I'll keep ya posted and try to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Cali Gestapo!

SO quick question. I had gotten a p1000 code and was told somewhere else that is going to be a warranty breaker when I take it in to the shop?

Any ideas if that would be true or if there is a way to get rid of it?

Truck goes in the sho today and has been returned to stock for several days

Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

p1000 means your PCM is witing to complete a drive-cycle. If they see that code at the dealership it tells them one of 2 things:

1. you just disconnected your battery, no big deal
2. you have re-flashed your PCM, big deal

I'll try to find the drive cycle procedure from my Mustang Forum and post it up.