Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, August 2nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Check your connections on the abs controls.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, August 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Bacon King

RobbyMartin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Check your connections on the abs controls.
Can you point me in the direction to do this?
Old Mon, August 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Bacon King

OK, I went to another guy and he had a better scanner. He says the computer doesn't know the truck has ABS so it's triggering the ABS light? How could the computer not know it has ABS? I need Bill to check and see if anything was done when he wrote my 4.6 to 5.4 tune. I don't want a truck without ABS that had it before? Something IS wrong here.
Old Mon, August 9th, 2010, 07:31 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Yes - Something IS wrong. The base (stock) tune in your PCM does not "see" your truck properly. Unless Bill wrote a new "stock" tune for you, I cannot see how his "tune" files would have anything to do with this.

How did you get your truck to run in the first place after the engine swap before Bill entered the picture? I may be wrong,. but I'd guess that someone "flashed" a stock tune into that PCM that made it work with the new engine. Then, Bill wrote custom tunes for that flash (hex code).

My "educated" guess is, the stock flash DID NOT include your ABS brakes. So, I'd bet you need a new stock flash. Once you get this, I suspect Bill will have to rewrite your tunes - similar to getting a dealer reflash.

If what I'm saying is plausible, go back to whoever did your stock flash and make him reflash it with the CORRECT stock tune. Make sure you set your truck back to stock first though!

- Jack
Old Mon, August 9th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Yes - Something IS wrong. The base (stock) tune in your PCM does not "see" your truck properly. Unless Bill wrote a new "stock" tune for you, I cannot see how his "tune" files would have anything to do with this.

How did you get your truck to run in the first place after the engine swap before Bill entered the picture? I may be wrong,. but I'd guess that someone "flashed" a stock tune into that PCM that made it work with the new engine. Then, Bill wrote custom tunes for that flash (hex code).

My "educated" guess is, the stock flash DID NOT include your ABS brakes. So, I'd bet you need a new stock flash. Once you get this, I suspect Bill will have to rewrite your tunes - similar to getting a dealer reflash.

If what I'm saying is plausible, go back to whoever did your stock flash and make him reflash it with the CORRECT stock tune. Make sure you set your truck back to stock first though!

- Jack
Jack,
Bill, in fact, wrote the stock 5.4 tune on the orignal 4.6 ECM after the engine swap. I had to give him the #'s from the original ECM so he could figure out the what the 5.4 hex code was going to be. So, if the stock tune did not include the ABS then it needs to be done again. Can you forward this to Bill so he can review his original tune to see if it was correct?
Old Mon, August 9th, 2010, 09:40 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Okey-Dokey - I'll try to draw his attention to it.

- Jack
Old Sat, August 14th, 2010, 09:52 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyMartin View Post
Can you point me in the direction to do this?
There should be a box around the master brake cylinder.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, August 31st, 2010, 10:59 AM
Bacon King

OK guys, I've tried everything suggested and still nothing. Fuses check out, connections check out, programming back to stock doesn't help (a reminder that Bill wrote my stock tune as well). I am getting extremely irritated and worried because twice since my last post concerning this I've had my brakes LOCK UP when braking firmly and nearly got into two accidents!
I need Bill to re-check his tune to make sure the ABS is included because this has become a major safety issue. I know you guys are busy but safety comes first in EVERY matter.
Old Tue, August 31st, 2010, 11:17 AM
PHP Groupie

Yup - I'd say your engine installer screwed up the wiring somewhere and it needs to be fixed. A tune IS NOT going to muck with the ABS!

- Jack
Old Tue, August 31st, 2010, 11:31 AM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post

- Jack
Jack, you yourself suggested in an earlier response that the stock flash did not include the ABS brakes in the tune. I want to make sure that Bill's tune included the ABS brakes before I start spending a lot of money trying to figure out something that may be as easy as checking a stock tune.