Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Whopper

x2mosg is on a distinguished road
Default NewB Question? Paint for Pod

Hi guys, I'm new here. Been hanging out at f150online for about 6 months now. So I'm fairly familiar with the Gryphon. Most likely gonna be ordering late next week.

I've read a lot of posts on this forum over the last few days. As far as I can tell the pod with the Gryphon should match the "warm steel" interior panels in my truck. Is that correct?

Also it looks like the Gyrphon with canned tunes is pretty much sitting on the shelf ready to ship. Is that correct?

And last but not least: Should I go ahead and pay for the custom tunes when I order the Gryphon? It appears that there may be a discount price of $30 per if you order with the programmer. Problem is I don't have my hex code. I thought I'd go ahead and order the programmer with canned tunes, then when it comes in retrieve the hex code and get that back to Bill and the guys for the custom tunes. Basically I don't want to sit around waiting for several weeks for the programmer. I'd like to get that installed just for tranny tunes if nothing else. Plus I need it to get the Hex Code. Am I on the right track here, or am I completely off base?

Thanks folks,

David Walker

If any of ya'll have info on paint and colors for the pod, please HELP!!!!

Last edited by x2mosg; Thu, September 23rd, 2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Lonestar Legend

LonestarROB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2mosg View Post
I've read a lot of posts on this forum over the last few days. As far as I can tell the pod with the Gryphon should match the "warm steel" interior panels in my truck. Is that correct?
Don't know what your interior looks like but the pod is light gray. Like this..

Quote:
Also it looks like the Gyrphon with canned tunes is pretty much sitting on the shelf ready to ship. Is that correct?
Correct(if they currently have them in stock)

Quote:
And last but not least: Should I go ahead and pay for the custom tunes when I order the Gryphon? It appears that there may be a discount price of $30 per if you order with the programmer. Problem is I don't have my hex code. I thought I'd go ahead and order the programmer with canned tunes, then when it comes in retrieve the hex code and get that back to Bill and the guys for the custom tunes. Basically I don't want to sit around waiting for several weeks for the programmer. I'd like to get that installed just for tranny tunes if nothing else. Plus I need it to get the Hex Code. Am I on the right track here, or am I completely off base?
I would. Then send in the Hex code as soon as you receive the unit so Bill can get working on the tunes asap.

Hope this helps.

Rob
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
Whopper

Rob, Thanks for the help.

Yeah the pod isn't exactly what I was hoping for. My interior is black where yours is grey. But the outer portion, next to the pillar is the same dark grey/graphite color as yours. I was under the impression that the pod came in that color, not the light/primer grey. Guess I'll have to come up with some paint for that. Any ideas on that?

Thanks for the help,

David
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 10:12 AM
Lonestar Legend

I've been killing myself over the last few months trying to get mine to match paint wise. It's supposed to be Dark Flint but I've tried it and it's not. I've tried several paint colors and none have really mached up close at all. Completely destroyed my pod with so much paint/sanding so had to get new one .

If you(or anyone for that matter) can paint their pod to match, let me know. I will pay!
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
Whopper

Is Dark Flint the color of your interior, or the color of the outside parts that adjoin the pillars? I'm talking about the part that the a/c vent is in. I put in my VIN on the Ford parts website and it lists all those pieces as being "warm steel", with the rest being ebony (black). I think SEM is supposed to have the best paints, but I don't know where to get them locally. I think I could probably match my black parts easily and might end up going that route. As to the dark flint, I don't know what to tell you. I'll do some searching when I get time and see if I can find anything for you.

Thanks,

David
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Lonestar Legend

Yea, the column where the AV vent is is Dark Flint, according to the Ford dealer. I'll see if I can find the paper I wrote this info on. The interior color code on the door actually stands for a "group" of colors. All the colors on the interior. Mine has 4-5 colors.

Let me know what else you find.
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Lonestar Legend

FYI, I purchased some SEM Dark Graphite paint from local dealer. It matched pretty close according to their chart but it didn't match once I tried it. Too light.

EDIT: The above are SEM color charts for Ford.
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Whopper

Dark Warm Steel (5719) in the upper chart, warm steel (5729)lower, or medium flint (5694)lower, look to be the closest to mine. Like I said, when I put the VIN in the Ford parts webpage, it said it was Warm Steel.

What year is your truck? Mine's an '05 FX4 with black (ebony) guts. Maybe a difference in year model that makes for a different color name.

Try this link and put in your VIN just to see what it tells you. You'll go into another screen, choose BODY on the left side in the box, then instrument panel or something similar. View a part which takes you to a diagram, then you can click on various part #'s to see the description and color.

Ford Parts | Buy Motorcraft & Genuine Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com

Let me know what you get from that. That may be a problem for you. The dealer may be looking at the color for the wrong part. Surely if we both tackle this thing we can figure it out.
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I think there is a thread on here somewhere about painting the pods but I dont remember where it is. It should come up pretty easy though. If you guys dont find it I'll look for it later.
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Lonestar Legend

Mine is a 2008 STX.

Entered my VIN and it says Dark Flint, Medium Flint, and Black. Which is same as what the Ford dealer had told me. Although the Dark Flint I got doesn't match. But it is from a second hand dealer because Ford also told me they didn't make those colors anymore.

Longshot, can you post that link?

EDIT: Here's my truck interior.