Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, February 9th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hidden Valley

F150 Man 4Eva is on a distinguished road

So, I haven't seen the CEL and code for a while now. At the rate that it was starting to be thrown, I would assume that I would have seen it again by now. I did make one change.... I have been running Lucas fuel system/injector cleaner for the past 2 full tanks (which takes me a while to run out). It has definitely helped my MPGs, and I don't know if it's just a coincidence, or if it has helped keep the code away.?.?.? I did notice something a little disturbing to me the other morning though. On initial crank up, a big puff of black smoke came out the exhaust..then turned to white smoke and continued for a few seconds before stopping. I had never seen that before. It did seem like from time to time that I would smell a little something when I would initially start up, but I never actually saw the smoke like that.
Old Thu, February 10th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Come Get Some

hampsterzone is on a distinguished road

The first thing I ask is: have you changed your spark plugs, spring caps, and coil packs? When the smoke came from my truck it was from a misfire on one of the cylinders due to spark failure. It happened to me again with a flashing check engine light when the coil pack went out. It can't hurt to change them before you must. Change everything you can afford to change. Besides, you are suppose to do them as part of regular maintenance. It is better to pay a little than a lot plus down time related to the costly repair. Hope you figure it out. Good luck!

2012 FX4 Waldoch M80 Edition Supercrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Road Armor Grill Guard, huge smile!
Old Sun, February 13th, 2011, 07:00 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterzone View Post
The first thing I ask is: have you changed your spark plugs, spring caps, and coil packs? When the smoke came from my truck it was from a misfire on one of the cylinders due to spark failure. It happened to me again with a flashing check engine light when the coil pack went out. It can't hurt to change them before you must. Change everything you can afford to change. Besides, you are suppose to do them as part of regular maintenance. It is better to pay a little than a lot plus down time related to the costly repair. Hope you figure it out. Good luck!
Ford recommends plug changes at 60k now....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.