Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Bacon King

DarrenWS6 is on a distinguished road
Soon to order

Hello. I'm from F150online. After reading much positive reviews on the PHP Gryphon custom tune I have decided I want one. Before I place an order I have a few questions.

I'm getting a wheel and tire package soon, if I order the custom tune now, will I be able to re-adjust for the larger diameter size later on? ( I think I know the answer is yes by what I read in the Gryphon install PDF file, I've looked it over so much I already know how to work it )

Other questions I have are about the tuning. In the order forum i'm a bit confused about what tunes to order. I know I want an economy tune, and a performance tune. Will running 87 octane still have a good affect on the performance? Or should I get all tunes for 89 octane?

Hope I can get these questions answered so I can order by the end of the week. Thanks!
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Whopper

EddiesF150 is on a distinguished road

Hey Darren! I'm from F150online, too. I just ordered my Gryphon on Monday and can't wait to get it!

If I understood Corey correctly when I talked to her on the phone, the 87 economy tune and 87 performance tune are basically the same. (Bill or Corey- correct me if I'm wrong) I don't know about the 89 octane.

I ordered two customs with mine; 87 performance and 93 performance. I was going to get the 87 economy and that's when Corey said that the 87 performance and economy are the same. They could have charged me for three customs and just let me go on thinking I was doing something, but she told me I only need the two. If in the future I ever get something to tow, then I'll order a towing tune; for now it's just drag racing!
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Double Whopper

Jon Roseman is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure about the octane tunes because I just ordered a 93 octane performance tune. You are correct about the tire size adjustment. There is a screen on your gryphon where you choose your tire size after you do a little bit of math. It's not a big deal though because I just recently upgraded to some larger tires.
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

yes you can readjust for the larger wheel, but the only bad thing would be, since it isn't in your custom tunes you would have to go in and reset it each time you change levels. But that doesnt take but a minute to do.
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Bacon King

Thanks for the info guys. So 87 economy and performance are the same. Ok i'll remember that. I generally just want an economy tune, and performance tune. What would you guys suggest to me? I would prefer not to run 93.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBFX4 View Post
yes you can readjust for the larger wheel, but the only bad thing would be, since it isn't in your custom tunes you would have to go in and reset it each time you change levels. But that doesnt take but a minute to do.
Ok cool. I would be able to contact PHP about the update of larger wheels and tires and they would be able to send me an update for the Gryphon right? How much would that cost to have done too if anyone knows how much add-ons are.

I think I will buy the Gryphon before the wheels & tires so I can enjoy the performance and get some possible better economy right now.
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Double Whopper

ccoll5 is on a distinguished road

Just a little advice when you get your Gryphon in, go ahead and put in some premium fuel and go to level 3. You won't even want to try the other canned tunes. I ordered 1 custom tune, 87 performance tune, and it is going to be replacing the level 1 canned tune. Reading everyones opinions and inputs over on f150online I was a little skeptical that this programmer could make that much of a difference. After getting the Gryphon though I am a true believer. I have a smile on my face every time I press the skinny pedal The best part is even though I get on it more now, my mileage has still went up by 2.1 mpg. If I could ease up a little it would go up even more. I can't wait to get the custom tune to be able to use 87 octane instead of 93 though.
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
Ok cool. I would be able to contact PHP about the update of larger wheels and tires and they would be able to send me an update for the Gryphon right? How much would that cost to have done too if anyone knows how much add-ons are.

I think I will buy the Gryphon before the wheels & tires so I can enjoy the performance and get some possible better economy right now.
I would assume that you could do that where it would store your tire diameter setting, but you might want to ask them personally.

As far as the tunes go, I just got a custom 87 performance tune and kept the canned tow tune and the 91 octane tune. And if you dont want to run the higher octane I would just go with the 87, because from what I have read most poeple like the custom 87 perfm. just as much as the 91 canned tune.
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Bacon King

Sounds good. Thanks for the information guys. I'll give them a call and see if I can get through today. If it all works out hopefully i'll order tomorrow.

So pretty much I just want an economy and performance tune. Since hearing 87 performance and economy are the same, I guess the 87 economy, and a 89 or 93 performance tune. Hopefully I can get some good clarification about all of this over the phone.
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 06:15 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Darren,

I apologize if you have tried to reach us today and we were not available. Corey has been out sick most of the week and had a particularly bad migraine the yesterday and today. This has made it extremely difficult to stay on top of phone calls.

If you have any questions that need to be answered immediately, please PM me your number and I will get in touch with you tomorrow.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Darren,

I apologize if you have tried to reach us today and we were not available. Corey has been out sick most of the week and had a particularly bad migraine the yesterday and today. This has made it extremely difficult to stay on top of phone calls.

If you have any questions that need to be answered immediately, please PM me your number and I will get in touch with you tomorrow.

Thanks.
Thank you. No problem, I rang on your phone most of the day today but I finally got ahold of you this evening around 5 ( guy questioning about octane tunes and such ). I'm going to place my order tomorrow. Hopw Corey feels better, its that season. I had a heck of a flu last week, 5 days without working sorta hurt my pay there.

Noticed the overhead post about Monday - Wednsday being closed. If I order tomorrow can I still expect to receive my Gryphon unit to be shipped tomorrow?