Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 08:36 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Upgrades generally take 5 to 7 days. Unfortunately, we had to go down to Florida on extremely short notice for several days to move furniture out of my mother's house so she could lease it out. The trip (and subsequent unloading) ended up running longer than expected. We just got back in the office yesterday and are trying to process orders, answer a weeks worth of e-mails, and return phone messages.

If you will notice on both our website and forums, it clearly stated we would be out of town and unreachable. I don't see how we could have made it any more plain than that.

Here's where we're at. You've got 3 choices.

1) We'll overnight your unit back to you and we can cancel your order.
2) We'll 2nd day your unit back to you, put your custom files in queue and you can wait 5-6 weeks for your custom files.
3) We can finish your upgrade, complete the custom files and send as quickly as possible.

Let me know what decide.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Native American Redneck

TXWolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Hold on - You say you sent an Edge in, it arrived 15 days ago and you haven't heard or gotten anything back yet? Something's VERY wrong here. This is NOT the way Bill and Corey do business. I almost hate to ask, but are you sure it was sent to the right address? And, have you tried to call or email PHP (you should have done that about 10 days ago, in my opinion).

- Jack

Yeah, I called the day after UPS showed that it arrived, just to make sure they got it. After about a week, I sent multiple emails to both Bill and Corey. Because of the length of time that it had been, I was afraid that the Gryphon had gotten lost by UPS. But because of the great people in this forum, and the terrific vibes that I get from PHP, I wasn't going to raise a stink about it. Bill PM'd me yesterday, and all is well in the kingdom! LOL I'm just hoping that I'm somewhere close to the top of the To-Do List, because my rig sounds pretty pathetic without a tuner on it! Hahaha! And I still tell everyone that I know about the Gryphon. I have several guys that I work with that want to get one, but they want to check mine out first. I can't wait to show it off.

Oh yeah, BTW ... I opted for Door #3 ... I'll wait till Bill has time to do the tune, and then get everything back in one package.

2008 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Double Whopper

Location: 2nd star to the right, straight on 'til morning(Ohio)
SubiGT is on a distinguished road

And this is why I will buy from PHP. Customer service that results in the experiences I have read on this forum will draw me in and bring me back every time.
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:13 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think I understand now, TXWolf. Glad you're willing to cut Bill and Corey some slack.

It's pretty obvious to a lot of us, I think, that they've been under a whole bunch of stress lately, actually, more like for the last half year or so. Frankly, I don't see how they can keep going this way. Yet somehow, they seem to keep a cheerful attitude and always manage to put their customers first!

Be patient, you'll be happy with the outcome, I think.

I consider the Gryphon the best investment I made in my truck.

- Jack
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Native American Redneck

I hear ya about the stress. Been there ... still am. Hahaha! 2 months ago, someone tried to break into my truck. Luckily, Ford now puts a plate behind the lock cylinder, so the person just put a couple of dings in my door. But ... when I went to pick the truck up from the repair shop a week later, they not only did NOT get all of the dents out, but they must have left the doors to my truck open while they were spraying vehicles on both sides of it. There was overspray ALL over the outside AND inside of the truck. After weeks of trying to deal with the dealership (it was their collision repair shop that did the damage), I took it to another shop to get the dents removed correctly AND take care of the overspray. The overspray alone cost me an additional $300. And the day after I get my truck back ... the shift cable breaks, and I'm left stranded at work. So now my truck is in the shop for another week. But then I get my truck back, and decide to upgrade to the Gryphon. But when it took longer than expected, I just figured it was a continuation of the bad luck that I've been having with the truck for the last few months.

I'm just glad that Bill and Corey have such a great outlook on life. They have WAY more stress than I could ever dream of handling!

5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:56 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Nice to hear that Ford recognized the problem with their door locks. I installed "JimiJammer" protectors in every one of my doors, including the tailgate for that very reason.

I'd actually recommend this product for anyone putting in a Gryphon in a truck without the plates. It is super easy for someone to poke a screwdriver in there and pop your door open without this protection. The passive anti-theft system will not sound an alarm and you'll just find everything inside your truck has vanished!

It's a nice day project to install the things, and you learn a bunch about your doors in the process.

- Jack
Old Fri, March 20th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Native American Redneck

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with the alarm system in our trucks. I hate to spend $500 on a top of the line security system, but I don't want everything in my truck to disappear one day, either.

5.4L - 4.88 Gears