Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Double Whopper

MileHigh04SCREW is on a distinguished road

Hi Bill! Great to hear from you again, here's my version:

"Power Hungry Performance - Pegasus V2.02.0982"
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 10:29 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Okay, give me a few minutes to take a look at that. Not sure what's going on. To verify, it is occurring during the "Updating Files" (or more specifically, "Finalizing Updates") progress bar, correct? Also, was this during a "Standard" update or a "Custom File Download" update?

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Double Whopper

Correct: error occured during "Updating Files" (or more specifically, "Finalizing Updates") progress bar.

This was this during a "Standard" update. I had my PCM/HEX changed, so I need to grab the new HEX from my truck (i.e. have to reset my gryphon to canned tunes).
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 10:39 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Okay, give me a few minutes to take a look at that. Not sure what's going on. To verify, it is occurring during the "Updating Files" (or more specifically, "Finalizing Updates") progress bar, correct? Also, was this during a "Standard" update or a "Custom File Download" update?
Bill -

He SHOULD have been trying to restore the "canned files", due to a PCM flash. It looks like he clicked on the right choices from his post. It does not look like he used "Custom File Update" at all, and he shouldn't have of course.

- Jack
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Okay, I think I've identified the issue. Your programmer is an older "Type 2" board and there seems to be an issue with how Pegasus is clearing the settings. I'll get that fixed here in a moment and get everything on the server to download. Hang tight and we'll get you straightened out.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Bill -

He SHOULD have been trying to restore the "canned files", due to a PCM flash. It looks like he clicked on the right choices from his post. It does not look like he used "Custom File Update" at all, and he shouldn't have of course.

- Jack
Correct. I just wanted to make sure I was looking a the right processes so I could track the problem. I've got it identified now.

(678) 890-1110

Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Double Whopper

This is the best community. Thanks for all of your help everyone. I can't wait to get home from work now and light up the tires.

There are definitely 3 things I love in life, my wife, my dog and my truck, in that order.

I know I have an old-school tuner, and an older truck for that matter (2004 was actually a while ago...!) , would it be worth investing in a new CTS or the sort? Will I see any additional performance enhancements? Or is it more of an "oh! new and shiney!" aspect...

I'm asking the experts here!
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

It is the "Oh look, something shiny!!!!" You actually lose features like datalogging, WOT shift point adjustment and a few other features by going to the new color screen units.
Old Fri, June 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM

Okay, Pegasus should be fixed now. Took a little longer than expected. It all relates back to changes in the USB drivers that have increased latency in the data block transmissions. Ah well...

Anyway, you can go into Pegasus and run the self update from the [Update] -> [Pegasus Update Manager] to download the newest version. If that is a problem (Vista and Win 7 like to be obnoxious) then the direct link is http://www.gopowerhungry.com/pegasus/Pegasus.exe and can be directly downloaded to the original install folder (usually C:\Program Files\Power Hungry Performance\Pegasus Update Client\). Just replace the existing EXE file with the new download.

Once the update is complete, the update manager should work correctly.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Take care.

(678) 890-1110

Old Mon, June 13th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Double Whopper

Pegasus download complete and Gryphon flashed back to stock 'edge' canned tunes. New Hex is RXAQ6B7 (will update in my profile too).

The stock tunes are very doggy... feels like my truck is pulling a boat, even on performance. You never really know what you have until it's gone!

Needing my customs back please!

Tags
new hex, new tune