Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, April 5th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road
Default Speed Calibration and Gryphon

Well I have been looking for a few threads both on here and on F150online.com for my tire size to lock in and have no luck. When I go to calibrate the gryphon to my tire size it will not hold it. I load previous settings and no luck it is stuck at 23XX and I need 2470 for my 35's. How to I make it lock and save in there? Thanks!
Old Sun, April 5th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Mini Me

BluByu1986 is on a distinguished road

This has been talked about before on here. Try looking at this post and see if it helps you.....

Cheers,

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...read.php?t=866
Old Sun, April 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

BluByu, I think it's a bit more than this.

Desert Racer, forget the "Load Previous Settings" item for now - you seem to have no valid settings to reload.

Go to Tire Size (TS) and enter your numbers. Make sure you hit <Enter> when done to save those settings. Go to Gear Ratio (GR) and make sure that value is correct also - hit <Enter> to save the correct value.

Then, scroll to the "Done" menu item and hit <Enter> - you should see a prompt to turn the key OFF, then ON again. When the PCM programming is complete, those settings will be saved and when you "Load Previous Settings" in the future, you should not see the 23XX value for TS anymore.

DO NOT hit the <Menu> key diring this process, or you will discard your changes!

Let me know how this works out - PLEASE!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Bacon King

I do exactly that yet when I am driving my gps shows I am off my 5mph going under 40mph and off 9mph cruisng at 75mph. I have been messing with this for a week and tried it on each level and than did not go back to it and still not a thing is happening. I am very happy with the tuner and can not wait until i get my custom tunes! So how do I make it stick and work for the tire size?
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 11:19 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Racer View Post
I do exactly that yet when I am driving my gps shows I am off my 5mph going under 40mph and off 9mph cruisng at 75mph. I have been messing with this for a week and tried it on each level and than did not go back to it and still not a thing is happening. I am very happy with the tuner and can not wait until i get my custom tunes! So how do I make it stick and work for the tire size?
OK, maybe the number you are trying to enter is not really correct - that's a pretty huge error! Are you indicating faster than you are actually traveling, or do the speedo's read slower than the GPS? And, are you getting your "indicated" speed from the Gryphon (which is what you really want to do) or from the dash (not as accurate - it's always going to be slightly "fast").

Can you give me the tire size a little more exactly than 35's?

And, I have to say if you are seeing 23xx for tire size when you check it in the Custom Options, that sounds like you did not "Load Previous Settings" BEFORE you went to Tire Size. The 23xx sounds just like the "bogus" value I get when previous settings are not used.

- Jack
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Bacon King

I tired just to go up 10 the tire siaze and not a difference was made at all. Speedo is reading slower by 5mph and well the gryphon reads the same as the speedo. My gps is pretty dead on had a buddy get next to me and my gps matched his speedo. Would like it from the dash as well to have it on the gryphon be a waste as I have a gps to also tell me how fast I am going. Tires are 315/70/17. I have tried loading previous settings and the 23XX number is still the same. no matter what i do does not seem to affect anything at all. Try to kick the idle down a lil nada.
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Racer View Post
Well I have been looking for a few threads both on here and on F150online.com for my tire size to lock in and have no luck. When I go to calibrate the gryphon to my tire size it will not hold it. I load previous settings and no luck it is stuck at 23XX and I need 2470 for my 35's. How to I make it lock and save in there? Thanks!
Well I would say that 2470 seems low for 35" tires....So off the tire size you posted later (315/70/17) I did the math and got 2741.9 unloading circumference(I think thats right). So I guess take off 7% squish from that number and you should be closer to correct(im not sure what it is can't do the math in my head). Then just follow the instructions that Jack has said for entering it into the custom options.
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Bacon King

Opps yeah got the numbers backward when typing. Took 7% off an got 2741.83. So still 2741, now just to mkae the gryphon stick to this and i will be happy.
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 02:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Almost sounds like the gryphon doesn't want to take the new inputted values?

Have you updated it with pegasus? To make sure the firm ware is up to date?

Maybe a glich?

Maybe a job for Super Bill!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Well then I was no help Like Lars said it might just be a job for Bill now.