Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

Whatever I do to the gryphon it does not hold whatever i put into it. Tried lowering the speed limiter and well that did not work. So this update thing? how do I go about this that you speak of Lars? Thanks guys for all the help so far.
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 08:15 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Racer View Post
Whatever I do to the gryphon it does not hold whatever i put into it. Tried lowering the speed limiter and well that did not work. So this update thing? how do I go about this that you speak of Lars? Thanks guys for all the help so far.
I'm not Lars, but, I'll try to do as well as he would have.

First, make sure you are running the latest version of Pegasus. Mine is V2.01.0127 and it's up to date. If yours is any earlier, it's definitely out of date. If out of date, use the Pegasus Update Manager to get the latest version. DO NOT try to update a Gryphon with an old version of Pegasus!

Next, set your tune back to Level 0 on your truck and remove the Gryphon. Bring it to your PC and start Pegasus, then, plug the Gryphon in to a USB port.

The Gryphon screen should light up (I think mine becomes red?) and you should see your unit's Serial Number (S/N) on the status line in Pegasus. Click on Updates->Gryphon Update Manager.

If there is a firmware update, go ahead and install it. DO NOT install a calibration update. That will wipe out your custom tunes.

Now, once everything is finished, go back to your truck, turn the key ON and plug the Gryphon back in. You should be able to reprogram your truck to the desired level now.

I calculated an unloaded circumference of 2741 for your tires - what you calculated. Using 7% rubber squish (which is close to 3% total squish), I get 2644 as the figure you should enter. This is MUCH larger than the value you were using. Try it. Remember to hit <Enter> to save the new value and then scroll to <Done> to start the programming.

If this still doesn't work, something IS wrong with your unit and Bill will have to be the one to help you.

- Jack
Old Wed, April 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Bacon King

Forgot to mention I changed the factory computer tire size to 275/70/17 would that make a difference? I put on a 265/60/18 and my speedo is off by 2 under 65 and off by 5 above 65mph.
Old Wed, April 8th, 2009, 04:29 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Racer View Post
Forgot to mention I changed the factory computer tire size to 275/70/17 would that make a difference? I put on a 265/60/18 and my speedo is off by 2 under 65 and off by 5 above 65mph.
Now I'm really confused! First, what is the size of the tires on your truck? Are they 275/70R17s or 265/60R18s?

Next, what do you mean when you say you "changed the factory computer tire size"? The ONLY thing you can put into the Gryphon is the tire circumference - in millimeters.

And last, you didn't really just swap ONE tire did you? Because, when you say "I put on a 265/60/18 and....", that's what it sounds like!

- Jack
Old Wed, April 8th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Bacon King

Sorry lol. I took my 35's off and am using a 265/60/18 tire right now on all 4 corners. Before I got the gryphon I put in a tire size of 275/70/18 as my brother works at a dealership and had access to use it to correct my speedo. That is when I had a set of tires that were 285/70/18. Should that make a difference or no? Thinking it shouldn't as well whatever you enter into the gryphon is what the new tire size is into the computer. Sorry for the confusion using my phone so kinda limited on message space.
Old Wed, April 8th, 2009, 07:12 PM
PHP Groupie

No, what your brother put into the PCM should not have any effect if you correct it using the Gryphon.

So OK, now you have much smaller tires on all axles. I see them as having an unloaded diameter of about 30.5 inches. With no squish, the circumference is 2434mm. With a 7% rubber squish (what I'd start with), the value you should enter for Tire Size is 2364mm.

Remember to hit <Enter> after you do that, then scroll to "Done" and hit <Enter> again to start programming.

- Jack
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Bacon King

Thanks Jack i will try that in the morning and see how she works out. Everything else seems to be working fine.
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Bacon King

Seem to be the trick Jack. Thanks!

Side note roughly how long is the wait for the custom tunes?
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I am not sure on the wait time for custom tunes anymore. Corey has posted 5-6 weeks. It might be more like 8. Just be patient and if it gets around the 2 months or more pm or email Bill/Corey and they should get back to you

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, July 31st, 2009, 01:39 PM
Bacon King

I am back at it again with this lol. I installed my 315/70/17 back on and well I have the gryphon at 2880 for tire size. Yet the speedo is off by 4mph again. So what size should I try? I played with it for 30 mins last night and nothing seem to change. I am using my gps to calculate my actual speed. That and when I have it set on 65 cruise control people in the slow lane are passing me. So I do believe the gps is accuarte and the speedo is off still. Any help?