Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, July 31st, 2009, 02:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Your Tire Size (TS) is way too large! I'm surprised it's only 4 mph off. A larger circumference makes the PCM think you are moving faster than you really are.

Bill has this neat "Gear Ratio Calculator" in Pegasus that I use for TS. All you have to do is put "315/70-17" (notice the dash in front of 17) into the Old Tire Size box. You will immediately see 2672 mm in the Old Circumference box. Notice the "Squish" bax has a "5" in it. The circumference is being adjusted for a 5% "rubber squish" (what Ford uses). I get better results with 7%, so if you change the "5" to "7", you'll see 2644 mm.

Try either of these values, and adjust as necessary.

- Jack

Last edited by Jackpine; Sat, August 1st, 2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Fixed stupid typo
Old Fri, July 31st, 2009, 06:41 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

Jack, I am retarded I guess Bill set it up for me and when i went to change the tire size it was 2673 and what do you know? it is spot on Thank you for the help!
Old Sat, August 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Racer View Post
Jack, I am retarded I guess Bill set it up for me and when i went to change the tire size it was 2673 and what do you know? it is spot on Thank you for the help!
Not at all my friend! I'm glad you got it figured out.

- Jack