Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Double Whopper

axlehead is on a distinguished road
Default Got My Gryphon

Finally got the gryphon. Only problem is I got the install instructions from the 2004-2008 version. I need the 03 Instructions.
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 10:45 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Are they really any different? Possibly.

However, you can get the correct version here: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...3%20Manual.pdf Notice it says it's for the Edge programmer. That's just because Corey has not had time to rewrite it .

I DO think you'll find the two are pretty "close" in terms of installation.

Hope this helps.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, April 8th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Double Whopper

well I was more concerned with the installation, I figured everything else was the same. Thanks!
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Double Whopper

another question, I had to disconnect the gryphon to install it into the pod on the dash so it showed the hex code again when I installed it. I then went to the power programmer and selected the extreme tune (which is the tune that I uploaded previously) and I accidently said no to custom options and it went through the whole upload again. I just want to make sure that it didn't erase the stock tune that is listed under Return To Stock. Made me a bit paranoid that it may have backed up the extreme tune as stock. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, still learning is all.
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 09:05 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

There should be an indicator in the upper right hand corner.
If it says:
0-stock
1-
2-
3-extreme

Sorry I left out descriptions for 1+2 I don't know what you have loaded on the gryphon.

I think custom option would have taken you to tire size and gear ratios.

Kind of weird it went through the whole process again. I have had mine unplugged 2 times and it just goes to hex code and then the normal heads up gauge display each time.
No I don't think anything happened to the stock tune. The only thing that can happen is if you pull it out of the truck with out returning it to stock and hook it up to pegasus to do an update or down load.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlehead View Post
Finally got the gryphon. Only problem is I got the install instructions from the 2004-2008 version. I need the 03 Instructions.
I received an e-mail from the person who got YOUR instructions. The manual can be downloaded from our Support Page. Sorry about the mix-up.

As soon as our order from Edge arrives, I need to ship 15 programmers -- a couple of each of our 4 different diesel types and a few '04-'08s. I'll be extra careful with the manuals.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
another question, I had to disconnect the gryphon to install it into the pod on the dash so it showed the hex code again when I installed it. I then went to the power programmer and selected the extreme tune (which is the tune that I uploaded previously) and I accidently said no to custom options and it went through the whole upload again. I just want to make sure that it didn't erase the stock tune that is listed under Return To Stock. Made me a bit paranoid that it may have backed up the extreme tune as stock. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, still learning is all.
Axlehead, I don't think Lars quite understood what you were asking. What you saw when you reconnected the Gryphon was perfectly normal. Then, as I understand it, you wanted to program Level 3 (again), but this time with Custom Options, which you accidentally bypassed - Right?

I this is the case, you simply overwrote your previous Level 3 tune with a new, identical Level 3 tune. You still have your Stock Tune - it was saved when you programmed your PCM the first time around. And, as Lars pointed out, you should now be seeing a "3" in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

- Jack
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Double Whopper

yes I see the 3 in the corner. I was just concerned that since it went through the install process again that it overwrote the stock tune. Also if I update the splash screen will I need to tune back to stock before reinstalling the gryphon? Or is that only necessary when uploading custom tunes and updating firmware?
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 02:27 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
yes I see the 3 in the corner. I was just concerned that since it went through the install process again that it overwrote the stock tune. Also if I update the splash screen will I need to tune back to stock before reinstalling the gryphon? Or is that only necessary when uploading custom tunes and updating firmware?
Bill has mentioned in other posts that anytime you connect to pegasus that your truck should be programmed back to stock. I don't think there would be a problem with a splash screen but why take that "chance"?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Double Whopper

well I connected it to pegasus and put a splash screen i made on it, but didnt realize I was supposed to return the truck to stock. The option for return to stock is still there so here's hoping it didn't get erased. Otherwise my smog inspection could be a problem.