Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 02:56 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody994x4 View Post
...i try to keep it practical for everyday use as i drive 80miles a day. But every so often i have to do some 4x4ing...with the tires and limited slip i can get most places in 4hi or 4lo, also i can tow moderate loads...more 4wd mods will slowly be added.

my truck is very versatile, but also capable off road...
had a real good time, next off-road trip is on the beaches of padre island in corpus christi!

enjoy the pics

oh and bill, me and longshot were wondering what an 'off-raod' tune would entail. im guessing torque and low end power would be good but too much torque could make the tires spin/lose traction.... any info on this?
Oh yeah, that reminds me. Would it also have higher shifting and lower torque converter lock points to help deal with tranny temps? I know cody's got to over 200˚ a few times while climbing. I would imagine it would be very similar to a tow tune because off road usually has higher load from the terrain and in cody's case, the 4wd being engaged.

The beach should be fun as long as we're careful around the estuaries (many sink holes/tar pits that are covered with a later of sand).

Gotta love the tx coast with waters are as clear as coffee!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 05:45 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Colby,

Yeah... I'd say a tow-ish program with more low RPM fueling and early converter would be beneficial in that situation since the loads are pretty intense. We may have to try something out and see how it works.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 05:48 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Gotta love the tx coast with waters are as clear as coffee!
Ah, can't be any worse than the Hudson River. I hear they even dump planes in there.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Colby,

Yeah... I'd say a tow-ish program with more low RPM fueling and early converter would be beneficial in that situation since the loads are pretty intense. We may have to try something out and see how it works.
Almost sounds like you've never made one

Your right, and I think the tow tune also had good power on the high end but I haven't used it in so long I dont remember. Would it be possible to scale the throttle aswell? Kind of like how the manual 1 & 2 positions have the throttle maps modified different at low speeds. Cody made a good point, too much low end power can make the tires slip and if that can be adjusted better by the driver you can get right to the line of "too much" without being at "not enough"...I'm sure Cody remembers an instance or two.
But if you have more room for throttle play then you could get closer to that balance of power and traction. If you modify the throttle map for regular driving that is similar to the manual settings could it then compound the manual settings after putting it in the 1 or 2? I assume that it would because I remember the adjusted throttle map being it's own deal and not tuning related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Ah, can't be any worse than the Hudson River. I hear they even dump planes in there.
Hehe, dont worry, we toss cars that are worth just as much...
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 08:55 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Cool pictures...looks like a great time.
Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 11:42 PM
Forum Predator

Here is some video of what we got to do out there.

Old Wed, May 5th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

looks like you should have gone backwards a bit more to make the tailgate match the rest of the truck !
Closed Thread