Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default C&C's off road adventure

This last weekend, me and Cody (cody994x4) took a little trip (50-100 miles one way) to an outdoor adventure park with over a 100 miles of trails.

We got there early on saturday, checked in and then set up camp.

This picture has my truck, my extreme off road emergency vehicle (mountain bike) and then Cody's truck. In the background we have the pop up camper.

As soon as we were mostly unloaded we decided to scout out some of the easy trails that even my truck 2wd truck was plenty capable of handling. Snapped a few pictures along the way.

This was one of the slightly more difficult trails.

Soon after this hill ^ we ran into one that was a little more than most vehicles can go up. Here we got shoved off the trail by some rocks that had gotten slick from people travelling down. At the time it happened my camera had floated somewhere to the lower part of the cab so I had to wait till we got the truck out to take a picture, so I just edited a shadow in. Doesn't look like much but the truck was at about a 30+ degree tilt and slid down into the fence. It also took both a souped up FJ cruizer (with all the off road bells and whistles) with a huge winch and another big jeep to get the truck out. The jeep had to dig all 4 wheels down to keep the FJ from getting drug into the fence with the truck.

...So Cody doesn't try to claim it, the hole in the fence was already there...(gotta stay fair )

By the time we got out and back on the trail we were starting to run out of daylight and headed back to camp to cook dinner. But dont be fooled, that didn't stop us! We just hopped in my truck and let about 500 watts of energy lead the way.

Oh, the fence took off Cody's mirror so we used some highly advanced fabrication techniques to bring the broken pieces back to an operational state.

The next day we set out for the elusive trail to the top of Wildcat Mountain, the highest point on the property. After following a set of land rover tracks (night before) and a set of jeep tracks onto what was initially marked as an ATV trail, we made it to the top, all 1,403 feet above sea level.

I can see some of you guys in the mountain states rolling your eyes but our camp was below 760 feet...Yeah, I saw that too.

While we were up there I stapped a few pictures of...

...trees

...more trees

...and more trees but this one has a windmill.

Also snapped one of our camp.

Then on the way back I snapped a picture of a big footed creature climbing through the brush. No it wasn't sasquach taking his morning jog but something much more impressive.

This picture was at over 500 yds. He was about the same level as camp and a long ways off. The whole vehicle looked like an ant from where we were. The full sized original looks better because I had to compress this one to upload and then the website compressed it even more, and that goes for all of the pictures I've posted. It is still an amazing picture for the distance it was taken at, definitely keeping my reputation as "Longshot"

It was a ton of fun and we will probably head back some time later.

Last edited by Power Hungry; Tue, April 20th, 2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

umm is something missing?
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Forum Predator

Like what? The post was mostly for the pictures.
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

I dont see any?
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Forum Predator

That is really strange, they show up just fine for me...hmm gimme a few.
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
I dont see any?
How about now?
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

Working now cool pics.
2004 Explorer Limited
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 11:07 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Jeeez looks like fun!
Glad you has a good time Colby!
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 11:35 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Man is that ever cool! Would love to be able to do stuff like that, but just don't have the setup... Just an old street truck.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 02:43 PM
texas offroading

cody994x4 is on a distinguished road

...i try to keep it practical for everyday use as i drive 80miles a day. But every so often i have to do some 4x4ing...with the tires and limited slip i can get most places in 4hi or 4lo, also i can tow moderate loads...more 4wd mods will slowly be added.

my truck is very versatile, but also capable off road...
had a real good time, next off-road trip is on the beaches of padre island in corpus christi!

enjoy the pics

oh and bill, me and longshot were wondering what an 'off-raod' tune would entail. im guessing torque and low end power would be good but too much torque could make the tires spin/lose traction.... any info on this?