Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, March 3rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Whopper

87ttopstang is on a distinguished road
Default Oil Pressure

Anyone know why our gryphons do not have an option to show oil pressure? Are there any plans for an update to allow that?
Old Wed, March 3rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I suspect it's because we don't have a true oil pressure sender (sensor) in the engine. We just have an off/on kind of thing that shows a slightly above middle reading on the dash gauge if there is ANY pressure and shows zero if there isn't.

I've heard that Ford went this way because drivers were worried when they saw their pressures dropping at idle and then high at high rpm? Who knows? I'd certainly like a REAL oil pressure gauge.

At least some of us have an oil temperature sender. That reading varies all over the place according to load, but if it didn't, you'd know the oil wasn't getting through.

Seems to me drivers should have to pass a "knowledge test" of the vehicle's internals before getting a license. Air Force pilots certainly have to pass one of these - and, it's not because you can do any real maintenance while flying. But, you don't over or under-react to malfunction indications this way.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, March 3rd, 2010, 11:12 PM
Whopper

87ttopstang is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I did not know our trucks did not have a real oil pressure sensor. Seems kind of silly. I agree about your statement about people having to have some "knowledge".

I guess the dash gauge really doesn't give a TRUE reading. According to what you said, a truck could have 10 psi of pressure and still read over half on the gauge. One word for that.........."DUMB"