Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Whopper

084.6 is on a distinguished road
Default Got My Tunes

All i can say is incredible, but i have one small question about the two custom tunes i got. one the gryphon programing screen one of them says custom 93 tow and the other only say 93 performance not custom 93 performance and I was just wondering if there was any reasoning behind that, but all and all I am VERY impressed thanks so much to bill and corey.
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 04:34 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I would think then that the 93 performance tune is the original canned tune. Which tunes did you order?
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Whopper

I ordered the 93 tow and the 93 performance
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Unless something has changed (and it could have), the original canned hi-octane tune was labeled "91 Octane Performance" or something like that. If yours says "93 Performance", I feel certain that is a custom tune.

I simply cannot believe Bill would send you only one tune when you ordered two.

I know I could tell that two tunes were being loaded the last time mine were updated, but I can't remember what it was I saw that told me this.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Unless something has changed (and it could have), the original canned hi-octane tune was labeled "91 Octane Performance" or something like that. If yours says "93 Performance", I feel certain that is a custom tune.

I simply cannot believe Bill would send you only one tune when you ordered two.

I know I could tell that two tunes were being loaded the last time mine were updated, but I can't remember what it was I saw that told me this.

- Jack
Just as I was about to click submit! Haha

...As I was about to say:

I would check the server again and if only one comes up go back and look at the receipt. That would show if the 93 canned tune choice didn't stick on the order form. That almost happened to me, when I was filling out mine. Luckily I caught the mistake before I sent it off. The next option would probably be to send a PM to make sure.

And Jack, the 93 performance is a canned tune on mine. That is what it came with fresh from the box. Still have it because I only ordered one tune. It might be because we have basically the same truck.
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 06:45 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot270 View Post
Just as I was about to click submit! Haha

...As I was about to say:

I would check the server again and if only one comes up go back and look at the receipt. That would show if the 93 canned tune choice didn't stick on the order form. That almost happened to me, when I was filling out mine. Luckily I caught the mistake before I sent it off. The next option would probably be to send a PM to make sure.

And Jack, the 93 performance is a canned tune on mine. That is what it came with fresh from the box. Still have it because I only ordered one tune. It might be because we have basically the same truck.
Thank you sir! My tunes are about a year old now, so I guess things have changed. And, I have nothing on the server to download to see how it looks with 1, 2 or 3 tunes, so all I had to go on was my rapidly fading memory! (Been a while since I used the "geezer" smiley).

- Jack
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Forum Predator

Yeah, I just checked my receipt to make sure and it does say

CUSTOM-87 Performance
STOCK-87 Tow
STOCK-93 Performance

I'm kinda glad to hear I'm not the only one with the 93 canned. It seemed like everything was 91, even in the manual. (which reminds me, I might need to look over the new manual to see if that was one of the changes. I noticed its not in the original she posted on that thread so I'll have to go through the responses.)

And 084.6, like I said earlier, check the receipt and if its on there shoot Bill a PM. He probably missed it by accident if that is what happened.
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Whopper

Ill have to pm or give him a call my receipt has the two custom tunes on it. I'm sure it was a mix up as busy as he is.
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
The Eyes of TX R upon U!

bconnaway is on a distinguished road

Ya, my reciept shows 93 performance as well. which brings me to the question... where do you find 93 octane gas? ive only seen 87, 89, and 91 around here. maybe just because i never have thought about buying it i havent looked really hard
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Forum Predator

Yeah, different stations have different stuff. But if you want to use the 93 tune with 91, lower the timing at least 1 degree. You can also raise the timing a little with the 87 tune. Just keep in mind that when you fill up, you wont have pure 93 in the tank, it will be a mixture. For more detailed info about the timing, you can look in the manual and do a search.