Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 05:33 PM
Whopper

ashron64 is on a distinguished road
Help Some Confusion

Hello all,
I have a 2002 F150 4.6L V8. I have installed an S&B cold air intake and Helix Power Tower throttle body spacer. I also have a Flowmaster Force II cat back exhaust system. I recently purchased the Edge Evolution Programmer(base model). The programmer works fairly well but I am not totally satisfied with the level of performance out of it for $350. I found this site and was instantly interested in getting the Gryphon. I am, however, a little confused by the info I have found on the website. Some things I have found indicate that there is no upgrade available for my programmer/truck combo. I have also found other things on the site that seem to indicate the opposite. One thing I found said..."As of April 15, we will no longer carry the 1997-2003 F-150 Gryphon Programmer. We will, however, continue to support our 1997-2003 Gryphon customers and offer 1997-2003 Evo Upgrades." I also found something that said that 1997-2003 F150's need to send in their cables in order to upgrade. I was hoping that someone could help me clear up the confusion. Does PHP currently offer the Gryphon upgrade for the Edge Evolution Programmer for my 2002 F150? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Unfortunately they dont deal with that year bracket anymore due to cable issues.
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 05:54 PM
Whopper

That's what I was afraid of. Do they do upgrades for the better models of the Evo like the CS or CTS? Or no upgrades for any of the Evo's for those years?
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Forum Predator

Yes, you can still use things like the phoenix chips and the CS/CTS on the '02.
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
Whopper

The reason I ask is I want to go to a gryphon. Unfortunately If i return it i will have to pay a 15% restocking fee (slightly more than $50). I could, however, return the base model evo and get the evo cs and avoid paying the restocking fee. Does PHP do the upgrade for the evo cs for my year truck? Or do they not do upgrades for any model evo for my truck?
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

We can do custom tunes for the CS for an '02.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 06:04 PM
Whopper

Awesome. So it looks like my best bet from this point will be to return the evo and have them send me the cs...then turn around and send it to you for the upgrades...that way I can avoid the restocking fee. Once I get the cs, how much will it cost me to have it upgraded to the gryphon cs? Does the buyer cover shipping both ways?
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Forum Predator

The upgrades for the CS is on the computer so no need to ship it.
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
Whopper

Oh ok...sorry for all the uninformed questions but I just want to make sure I know what I am getting into before i do anything So what is the difference between the evo cs and the gryphon cs if you don't get any of the custom tunes?
Old Thu, September 2nd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Forum Predator

No problem, thats what us moderators are for. (And thanks Corey for jumping in for a bit!)

The PHP canned tunes are a tad better than the Edge canned tunes because they dont have to be CARB certified. The largest change you will see is going from stock to canned tunes though. The custom tunes are really just a "polished" version.