Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, October 30th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Double Whopper

97Fone50 is on a distinguished road
Default Help

Hey does anyone know if the USB has to be the same cord that came with the Programmer or can it be like a motorola USB? and still work?
Old Sat, October 30th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Common Zookeeper

evoar is on a distinguished road

It will work with any USB as long as it is the "mini" type. In other words, if it fits, it should work.
Old Sat, October 30th, 2010, 07:09 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Correct. You MAY find that a laptop may not have enough power though to work nicely with the programmer. There are USB cords that have two USB connectors on the PC side to boost the power to the USB device (but that only works if each USB port on the laptop has independent power).

I personally recommend using a desktop for any firmware updating or custom tune downloads.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, October 31st, 2010, 04:23 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, thanks Jack. I learned something new today.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, November 1st, 2010, 11:02 AM
Double Whopper

97Fone50 is on a distinguished road

i think somethings going on with my pc lol i plug it all in and then programmer don't come on.... only reason why i think this is cuz my pc wont read my flash drives.. now for some reason...
Old Mon, November 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Fone50 View Post
i think somethings going on with my pc lol i plug it all in and then programmer don't come on.... only reason why i think this is cuz my pc wont read my flash drives.. now for some reason...
You CAN lose the USB controller in a PC. I fried the USB card in an older PC once. I was plugging in a "thumb drive" and saw a static spark as my drive touched the USB socket. The PC didn't register the drive when it was connected and I discovered no other USB device would work there either. Oddly enough though, the thumb drive was not damaged.

I think you can also get a corrupted device driver for the USB controllers, that will render them inoperable.

You might investigate "Device Manager" and see if there's any problems showing on your USB controllers (a yellow triangle with an "!" in it says there's problems). On my XP PC, you get there through Control Panel->System->Device Manager. Look at the entries for "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

- Jack
Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 11:40 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

You may also try a different cable. I've had a couple customer over the last few years that had the supplied cable work a couple times and the not work any more. Replacing the cable solved the problem.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!