Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
Double Whopper

banks is on a distinguished road
Default display freezing up

has any one had this problem or heard of it, i was in tow mode pulling my camper down the road and looked up at the display and it was froze. i pulled over and reprogramed, it stared working again but later down the road done it again. stopped again deprogramed it and unplugged it to check the u port connection. reprogramed it and started working but froze up again. when i made it home and unhooked the camper, i but it back it performance mode and haven't had it happen since...?
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Using any high frequency devices around it?
Such as cell phone or cb?
Should only have to hit menu 2 times to get it back. Or is it enter? One of those 2.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 09:46 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

This is a new one on me. Anyone else had this problem?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Lars, I thought your response was correct. Hit Menu twice to cure it. But, the cause? I've never seen this and I don't know. Could be cell phones, CB radios, whatever.

As an aside, I bought a police radar/laser scanner once (about two years ago) and it would often give me a warning as I passed a semi. I wonder if the frequencies those things emit could be the cause?

Banks, were there any trucks nearby?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, June 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Afrancis is on a distinguished road

I found the most interesting part to be that it only happened in tow tune, not performance one. To me that would rule out interferance being the problem, but I could be wrong.
Old Wed, June 24th, 2009, 11:26 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Just had a BF(brain fart) from my old stereo install days.

Banks are you running a trailer braking device?

If you are maybe the OBII cable is to close to the out put and if it is it should not be running in close proximity and parallel(=) to it. Need to get one or the other away from each other and or run the cables perpendicular.(+)

Just a thought!

Lars

Old Wed, June 24th, 2009, 12:09 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Just had a BF(brain fart) from my old stereo install days.

Banks are you running a trailer braking device?

If you are maybe the OBII cable is to close to the out put and if it is it should not be running in close proximity and parallel(=) to it. Need to get one or the other away from each other and or run the cables perpendicular.(+)

Just a thought!

Lars
What a heck of a good idea, Lars! My two leads are about 6 inches apart and they ARE perpendicular to each other. But, I've seen pictures of some people's break controller mounted down low on the left side of the steering wheel. That just about guarantees a short parallel cable run.

Mines up higher on the right side, on the lower trim panel of the dash.

- Jack
Old Thu, June 25th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Double Whopper

banks is on a distinguished road

yes my braking device is on the right side of the steering wheel and mounted to the lower part of the dash. i have no radar or anything that lays near or on the dash board. when i think about now, i noticed it froze up was every time i was stopped at a red light. going to pull the camper again this coming week for 4 of july i will keep a good eye on it, think i may have to move the braking device
Old Thu, June 25th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Something similar happens with chips, but I don't think I would have made the connection with the programmers! Good call, Lars!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, June 25th, 2009, 11:48 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post
yes my braking device is on the right side of the steering wheel and mounted to the lower part of the dash. i have no radar or anything that lays near or on the dash board. when i think about now, i noticed it froze up was every time i was stopped at a red light. going to pull the camper again this coming week for 4 of july i will keep a good eye on it, think i may have to move the braking device
First make sure the output wires from the brake controller are at least 4"-6" away from the OBDII cable if parallel(=).

Lars