Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Whopper

tomfqno is on a distinguished road
Default F.U. Question

Sometimes when I drive my truck with the FU chip its really sluggish... even more than stock but if i pull over and shut it off and start back up it runs great. Whats going on and why does my truck do this?
Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 09:10 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

tomfqno,

Could you please put a bit of information in your details (under UserCP)? I haven't got a clue about what year or model your truck is. Obviously, it's a 7.3L, but what year and transmission?
Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Whopper

Sorry about that i was in a hurry last night to ask the question. Its a 2000 F250 with a 6 speed manual.
Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 10:25 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

We have seen this on a few trucks. Mind you there are countless trucks out there running very similar programs as yours without these issues. More often than not, this issue can be resolved through diagnosis of the mechanical aspects of the high pressure oil system. Because of the more aggressive nature of the injection control pressure system to increase power and responsiveness in the tuning, the HPO system cannot keep up; this can stem from a weak pump or injection pressure regulator valve or o-rings.
Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Whopper

So what can i to make this stop occuring? I noticed it only seems to happen in the tunes smaller than 100HP.
Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

I'll take a look at your tunes. I see you have an FU package so I will see what may be a problem. However, I can't promise you I will find anything. What is your invoice number?
Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Whopper

My invoice number is 2965. Thanks
Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 04:46 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Tom,

Hey man, I figured out the problem. It's not a problem, per se, but it's something in the tuning that was misnamed in the software that was changed and wasn't quite understood. I knew it was a problem but I had to wait until Bill came back to authorize the changes to the programming.

Give it a couple days for Bill to update the FU server and put the new tunes on it.

Cody
Old Fri, May 21st, 2010, 09:22 AM
Whopper

Awesome man! thanks for your time.
Old Tue, May 25th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Double Whopper

Tholt34 is on a distinguished road

Hey Cody,
Is this kinda what i was asking you about in pm's, where it almost feels like the 60 tow and my 80dd feel weaker then stock up to about 2000 rpms and then they pull hard or is that just the nature of the tunes? the 100 setting and upper tunes don't do it.

Tim