Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon for an '07 Expedition?

What's the over/under a Gryphon possibly being manipulated to work on an '07 Expedition? What is different about the 5.4L motor in the Expy and the 5.4L in the F150? I know the tranny is different, but what else?

Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 05:34 PM
PHP Cheerleading Section

OneTomcat is on a distinguished road

I think I read that Bill and Cory have an Expedition and are using a Gryphon with it. Not sure of the year they have but I suspect it can be done for yours.

'05 F150 FX4 SCAB
K&N FIPK
Magellan Navigation System
Full Boar Performance SIDO exhaust
Gryphon PHP Programmer w/ custom tunes
4UCam wireless backup cam
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM

I think they've got an 05 or 06...PHP advertises a Gryphon for an 05-06 Expy, but nothing seems to be available for an 07-up.
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 05:42 PM
PHP Cheerleading Section

Just read a little more re: Gryphon for '07 Expedition and although tunes can be written for them apparently the hardware will not support newer Expeditions. I have read that the SCT programmer (which PHP now carries) will work with the '07 and custom tunes can be written for it. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the gauges like the Gryphon.

'05 F150 FX4 SCAB
K&N FIPK
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 06:01 PM

Sorry, I should have been a little more specific...I meant nothing over the 06 with the Gryphon. I'd have to sell my Gryphon, might not be very easy since it has a cusotm tune on it, and pick up the SCT tuner.
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 07:46 PM
PHP Cheerleading Section

I believe the custom files can be removed and replaced with the stock Gryphon files by using the Pegasus software. Should be easy to sell and buyer can have custom files built for his truck if he wants.

'05 F150 FX4 SCAB
K&N FIPK
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 11:22 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTomcat View Post
I believe the custom files can be removed and replaced with the stock Gryphon files by using the Pegasus software. Should be easy to sell and buyer can have custom files built for his truck if he wants.
Correct again, OneTom! You're going to find yourself on the "tech support" staff pretty soon, if you don't watch out! That, and $3.00 might get you a cup of coffee at a Starbucks.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 11:09 PM

Well, the truck is gone and I'm a new owner of an '07 EB Expedition. I pulled the Gryphon out and set it back to stock, took a pic of the screen on zero to prove it.

I'll be putting this up for sale to cover some of the cost for the SCT.

I was quite surprised to feel the Expy pull away from the F150 with custom 87 perf tune entering the HWY. I wonder how it will feel with the SCT???
Old Tue, September 22nd, 2009, 06:32 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

FYI

The 07-09 expys were the predecessor to the 09 f150. Meaning they started using the same hardware as far as the dual pcms before the f150.
So what I am getting at here is once the gryphon for the 09 f150 comes out the one for the next generation expy's will follow.
Just like what happened with the last group of expys.
Why don't they offer a programmer right away for the expys? Because of market studies on who drives them and also them being more of a plush vehicle then a f150. Let's face it the f150 has more things you can mod on it and more of them on the market. Who would want to market a tuner to soccer moms!
No offense to the OP.

I think the expy is a great look'n ride.
Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, September 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM

Thanks for the help, Lars. This was a lateral move in payment, but a huge increase in interior storage, which is what I need now with my family growing. I can still haul stuff, I just have to be a little more careful about what goes in the back and what goes in the trailer. The thing rides like a Caddy compared to my truck...(which I thought rode great for a truck). I'm really liking it so far, plus the wife is happy.

I honestly don't care which programmer I get as long as it comes from PHP...these guys(Corey included )rock!!!