Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Wed, March 25th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default New Upgrade Info

As many of you already know, for the last couple of months, we've been holding onto upgrades for a couple of weeks so that Bill can write and load the custom tunes before shipping them back out.

Now before anyone waiting on custom files starts getting upset, let me explain our reasoning...

While processing some upgrades, I noticed that most upgrade customers only get one tune -- sometimes two. During the upgrade process, Bill already has the programmer opened up and hooked up to his computer to do the firmware upgrade. I realized that it was actually impractical and wasting time to upgrade the hardware and firmware, send the unit back to the customer, and then put them in the custom tuning queue. Aside from Bill having to address each upgrade customer twice, I was also having to do twice the paperwork because we only charged for the upgrade first. Then we'd charge for the tunes when they were completed.

So it actually saves us both time if Bill does the custom tune while he has the unit on his desk since he's already got his head wrapped around what that customer needs based on if it's a 97-03 or an 04-08 and HAS THE ORDER ON HIS DESK. This, of course, means he has more time to work on Gryphon custom tunes for customers who are waiting.

We hope that nobody thinks that they're being treated unfairly. We really do give a lot of thought about the decisions we make and always attempt to give every single customer the same consideration as everyone else. <insert Snow White smiley here -- the fairest one of all... >

I will be updating the Sticky on here, the website, and the upgrade forms over the next few days.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, March 26th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Double Whopper

mjphillips1981 is on a distinguished road

Corey,

Can you give me an idea of the current wait time for an upgrade and 1 or 2 custom tunes?

Thanks,

Mike
Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mike,

We'd probably hold onto your programmer 1-2 weeks... could be less depending on workload. Right now, I'd say you'd have it back within 10 days with the custom tunes written and loaded.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Double Whopper

mjphillips1981 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Corey!! Now I gotta talk my wife into an early Father's Day / Birthday present!!