Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Thu, August 23rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
Grey Ghost an Black Smoke

Location: belpre ohio now, but from kanawha falls WV originally
lilgreen97tj is on a distinguished road
Default Diamond eye

I realize this is an older post, but felt I should add my

wood4heat, I have to disagree with you on the performance gain of the 4" diamond eye exhaust. I have it on my 02 supercab 4x4 and after reading your post I can only say I'm glad I had a tuner before I got the exhaust! with stock size exhaust(cat and muffler removed prior to new exhaust) and EDGE CTS on #3 I had to constantly watch the egt's anytime I had any kind of long hills with an 800 pound ATV in the bed;1400 was typical climbing a certain hill on the way home from riding,sometimes requiring that i shift down from 6th gear to keep EGT under control . after putting the 4" diamond eye open kit on it I rarely get over 1200 degrees and don't even have to think about downshifting to control EGT. The 6637 air filter kit also made a much more noticeable difference after the exhaust swap.
2002 F250 super cab SUPER DUTY. 7.3,6speed! South Bend clutch,edge evo CTS, 35"pro comp on 17 MT wheels. 4"diamond eye exhaust.PRO-COMP6.5" front 5"rear lift.4.30 gears and shimmed trac-loc at both ends.custom bulged fiberglass fenders and bedsides with 3" rise by Perry's Fab N Fiber(thanks Mike). wrecked and rolled, but rebuilt both times by myself and and few friends.