Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
One thing I noticed with Rock Band is that the audio and video timing make a big difference. Even a couple millisecond offset can have a dramatic effect on your rating. It took me about 45 minutes to finally get a setting that I was comfortable with and have been happy so far.
Bill,

That whole "lag" thing was a big issue at first. I got really mad the first time I played it.....I thought the game was a P.O.S. I'd play along with the music and miss the little colored "dots". I KNEW I hit them right on, but the game didn't recognize it. I spent a lot of time playing out-of-sync until my friend fixed the lag.

My friends and I usually stick to what we know. Phil (auto tech), the owner of the game plays the guitar. Eric, the not-all-there (and also ADD) software engineer (aren't they all like that?) sings, and I do the drums. Of course, there are songs that I belt out like Inside the Fire by Disturbed .
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

It was 42 today with partly sunny skies. It felt like summertime. I actually saw things like grass, my driveway, some bushes, and even the roof O.K., back to reality, tonight it's suppose to drop to 8 w/a high of 17 tomorrow!!! I was hoping to maybe wash the truck tomorrow but I don't think it's gonna happen'.
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 10:27 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, it was, like, 60 here today. The boys were out back riding their dirt bike and 4-wheeler! A lovely day!

On a totally different note, they finally got me to play Rock Band on the Wii. I'm hooked.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 10:56 PM

Rock on girl
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 11:15 PM

Nite gang
Old Sat, January 24th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Is there, like, ANYTHING better than bacon? I just had made a sandwich consisting of Boar's Head Rotisserie Chicken (at a jillion dollars a pound, but I won't go into that rant...) and Havarti cheese -- oh, and salt and pepper. I'm not a mayonnaise person . Would have thrown on a little lettuce that we bought today but didn't need the aggravation of opening it, washing it, etc. Anyway, as I began to munch, I was unenthralled. It was THEN that I remembered that we had some leftover bacon in the fridge! Microwaved a couple of pieces to warm them up and slapped those babies on there. Mmmmmmmm....

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, January 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM

How bout' this movie quote:

"You don't dig swine? Bacon's gooood..."
Old Mon, January 26th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Pulp Fiction Bill and I are totally the kind of people who will watch a great movie time and again. Seen that one at least a dozen, probably.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, January 26th, 2009, 03:28 PM

Haha, you got it even though I kind of screwed the quote up Great flick
Old Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

While Bill was out working today (he took Wil with him), Liam and I made homemade chicken noodle soup -- it's so freakin' good... and I'm hoping it'll help this sinus infection.

We also made :heart:-shaped cupcakes for one of our cat's birthdays. And though Flower wasn't in the room, we all sang before munching on them. I'm pretty sure it was simply an excuse to make cupcakes, but how could I say no to such a funny idea? It must be very cool to be seven. I only vaguely remember it, though I do remember my second grade picture because I had taken it upon myself to cut my own bangs.

Finally going to bed :sickinbed:. Tomorrow will come soon enough.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Power Hungry; Mon, February 2nd, 2009 at 09:13 PM.
Closed Thread